Midland, Ontario: 1967 Chevrolet Pickup.mod.fvr

Old September 15th 08, 10:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Duncan Craig

Default Midland, Ontario: 1967 Chevrolet Pickup.mod.fvr

--

Duncan Craig
(Retired and loving it!)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1967 Chevrolet Pickup.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	154402
Old September 15th 08, 10:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Duncan Craig" > wrote in message

Get that truck out of the way. I want to see the boat.
--
Pat Durkin

Old September 16th 08, 03:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ThomasS2[_3_]

Duncan,

This the GMC model. Tthe Chevy has twin lamps, and the GMC has quads.

Tom

Old September 16th 08, 04:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Duncan Craig

Duh!! You'd think I would have noticed that it was a GMC.... I owned a '71
GMC pickup for about 8 years!!

Old September 16th 08, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ThomasS2[_3_]

My oldest brother owned a 1968 GMC many moons ago. What a fun truck, 307 v8
and three on the tree.

Tom

Old September 18th 08, 07:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G[_2_] Mike G[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Midland, Ontario: 1967 Chevrolet Pickup.mod.fvr CCF10072008_00001.jpg [1/2]

"Duncan Craig" > wrote in message
> Here's a picture of the one we owned. We bought it in 1975. It had the
> "loghorn... 8 and a half-foot.... box. It was a 3/4-ton with a

350-4barrel.
> It weighed over 5,000 lbs with the cusom lined & insulated cap on the
> back.GAWD, it was hard on gas!

I had a '72 Chevrolet 1/2 ton long bed. 350 with turbo 350 trans. I can
sympathize about the gas! I got 8 per loaded or unloaded!
Mike
--
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Old September 18th 08, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Duncan Craig

Jeez, I thought mine was bad. I could get 13 mpg (Canadian gallon) on a
pretty level highway, so long as I kept it under 55 m.p.h.
Anything over that speed opened up the secondaries and it fell to around 11.
As you say, loaded or unloaded. Even towing the Starcraft or not towing
made little or no difference.

m...

Old September 18th 08, 10:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G[_2_] Mike G[_2_] is offline
Banned

Lol..........the only way I could get 13 in my pickup was to turn off the
engine and coast down hill, and hope it was a looooong hill!

Mike