GTR - thank goodness the old GTR2002 tracks work

Old March 27th 05, 07:13 PM
Marc Collins

Default GTR - thank goodness the old GTR2002 tracks work

I LOVE GTR. Plain and simple. Yes, there are some problems that need
significant work...but, hey, overall it is well, well worth my $$ and time.

Just wanted to comment though that the fact I still can use Mugello, Misano,
Sugo...and have a few more like the marvellous A1Ring is key to my
enjoyment. Certain tracks are just very well suited to certain types of
race cars. For example, Sugo--which I had never heard of before the
original GTR2002--is just a lovely track.

Hopefully our "surprise for the GPL'ers" will be a finished-quality
Nordshleife...then it will really be heaven.

Marc

Marc Collins

Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now?

Old March 28th 05, 12:07 AM
Marc Collins

One issue though--the draw distance seems to be too short. The GTR graphic
adjustment is obviously the same so is there a track-specific setting for
this in one of the track's files?

Marc

Old March 28th 05, 10:33 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:07:22 -0500, Marc Collins wrote:
> One issue though--the draw distance seems to be too short. The GTR graphic
> adjustment is obviously the same so is there a track-specific setting for
> this in one of the track's files?
>
> Marc

I've noticed that too... seems to be independent of what you set in
the "drawing distance" graphics settings, things still tend to pop up
on top of Eau Rouge for example (and it's not flying cars I am talking
about ;-)

cheers, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old March 29th 05, 01:43 AM
Marc Collins

It IS in the .PLR file, graphics section. Maxed mine up to "3" and now all
is well.

Marc

Old April 2nd 05, 03:27 PM
Andi Cole

You've time to watch the scenery through Eau Rouge !!

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

Old April 3rd 05, 09:39 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:27:17 +0100, Andi Cole wrote:
> You've time to watch the scenery through Eau Rouge !!

I'm slow, that's all ;-)

cheers,

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

Body Work & Welders Rusted Jeep 19 February 11th 05 01:17 AM
New sims and old tracks... John DiFool Simulators 9 January 14th 05 09:21 PM
Will switching from Synthetic to Dyno oil harm my engine? elmo Technology 221 January 2nd 05 05:32 PM
ASE Work experience question thongsai General 0 July 9th 04 11:16 PM
96 Ford Contour Zetec engine - hard to work on? john smith General 0 March 16th 04 11:23 AM