$3000.00's FOR HORSES

Old January 31st 05, 12:09 AM

How many miles are on the car? What condition is the drivetrain in? If
you've got $3,000 to blow.. I'd look into supercharging the car... maybe
6-9psi intercooled. It's a 302 & I know that blowers for 302's are generally
less expensive than those for 281's.. check http://www.jegs.com/
http://www.summitracing.com/ http://www.ebay.com/ (DO NOT GET ELECTRIC
SUPERCHARGER LOL!). I'd look into a Vortech or Paxton supercharger for that
price range. Avoid Powerdyne!! If you can fork over more, I'd say Kenne-Bell
supercharger hands down.

If supercharging isn't the route you want to go... there are several engine
options you have (others will chime in). You could also build the suspension
quite a bit. Or, my favorite option, send me the money =).

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"Jeffery Privott" > wrote in message
> Can someone tell me what should be the first few steps taken towards

adding
> power to a 94 gt convertable. I have a very few goodies already and

looking
> at dropping around $3000.00 in the next 2 weeks on the car. I currently

have

Old January 31st 05, 02:19 AM
SVTKate

If you have the money to spend, by all means, supercharge it!
the 3.73's are a good idea.
the guys will tell you about subs and braces.

Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top
With a personal touch... or two.

Old January 31st 05, 02:32 AM

SVTKate wrote:
> If you have the money to spend, by all means, supercharge it!
> the 3.73's are a good idea.

Depending on the type of blower you select, and what you plan on using
the car for, you may not want to go with 3.73s.

A Roots type + street tires + 3.73s = equals lots of tire smoke.

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD

Old January 31st 05, 04:03 AM

Roots or twin-screw at that! 3.73's + street tires = lots of tire spin for
me right now... damn tires are bald. I need new ones, but can't afford 'em.
I'm gonna save up a bit to get some real good ones this time around.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

oups.com...

Old January 31st 05, 05:17 PM
BeverlyOmasta

waste of time, get s supercharger
Old January 31st 05, 08:08 PM

Ignore Bev's post. He/she is a dumb****. Get a compression test done first.

-Mike

Old January 31st 05, 08:36 PM
CobraJet

In article >,
> wrote:

> Ignore Bev's post. He/she is a dumb****. Get a compression test done first.

Actually, get a compression *and* a leak-down.

> -Mike
>
> --
> A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
> Cold air intake
> FRPP 3.73 gears
> Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
> Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
> Hi-speed fan switch
> 255/60R-15 rear tires
> Subframe connectors
> Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant
>

> "BeverlyOmasta" > wrote in message
> > waste of time, get s supercharger

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old January 31st 05, 08:47 PM

Actually, just send me the $3,000 & be happy that you made somebody else
happy

-Mike

Old February 1st 05, 12:24 AM
Jeffery Privott

Thanks for all the information, I truely appreciate all the help and advice
given. This is a outstanding newsgroup.

Ninja out,
. com...