2002 grand caravan Transmission in "Limp mode"

Old April 5th 08, 12:05 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
boondocks

Default 2002 grand caravan Transmission in "Limp mode"

I have the generic P0700 code on the od display...

The van bucks if you hit the accelerator, and failes to shift out of the
lower gears..

Then goes back to somewhat normal conditions,,, then goes back,.,,

Anyone have this problem?

BD

Old April 5th 08, 12:56 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Dan C

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 23:05:33 +0000, boondocks wrote:

> I have the generic P0700 code on the od display...
>
> The van bucks if you hit the accelerator, and failes to shift out of the
> lower gears..
>
> Then goes back to somewhat normal conditions,,, then goes back,.,,
>
> Anyone have this problem?

Sure. Those who have the problem are generally those who can't be
bothered to check the fluid level, much less change it and the filter
every now and then.

There's a clue in there for ya.

Old April 5th 08, 01:49 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
boondocks

Thanks,

but I am not going to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Nice talking at you.

BD

news

Old April 5th 08, 03:01 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Dan C

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:49:41 +0000, boondocks wrote:

>>> I have the generic P0700 code on the od display...
>>> The van bucks if you hit the accelerator, and failes to shift out of the
>>> lower gears..
>>> Then goes back to somewhat normal conditions,,, then goes back,.,,
>>> Anyone have this problem?

>> Sure. Those who have the problem are generally those who can't be
>> bothered to check the fluid level, much less change it and the filter
>> every now and then.
>>
>> There's a clue in there for ya.

> Thanks,
> but I am not going to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Right.......... so you *did* check/change the fluid and filter, then.

I'm not the one with the tranny problems, dimwit.

I'm betting this fixes your problem, but you won't have the balls to come
back here and say that I was correct.

Old April 5th 08, 12:10 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
boondocks

Dimwit.... wow.

You don't know me at all sir. My balls you say. Tell you what, I will gladly
let you know if that fixes the problem. If you want to compare balls, I can
guarentee there will no contest.. I have far, far more important things to
worry about than my transmission dip stick..

Tell me... big balls, what state do you live in...? Just curious.?

BD
news

Old April 5th 08, 03:13 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Dan C

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:10:55 +0000, boondocks wrote:

> Dimwit.... wow.

That's right.

> You don't know me at all sir. My balls you say. Tell you what, I will gladly
> let you know if that fixes the problem. If you want to compare balls, I can
> guarentee there will no contest.. I have far, far more important things to
> worry about than my transmission dip stick..

Well, since you don't worry about the tranny dipstick, you are now in the
position you are in, which is having a tranny in Limp Mode. Do you see
the connection here yet...?

> Tell me... big balls, what state do you live in...? Just curious.?

I don't live in a state.

Go change your ****ing tranny fluid and filter, and then come back here
and tell me I was right, boy.

Old April 5th 08, 03:47 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Ripcord

You two have some big internet cojones.

Old April 5th 08, 04:04 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
boondocks

Ha ha haaa.

Thanks for the laugh..

Ha ha... Maybe you should switch to stand up ma'am.

news

Old April 8th 08, 12:39 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
boondocks

Oh.. Hi Dan.

Not going to continue with this nitpicking.

Anyway, the filter and fluid change produced 0 results.

Still going into limp mode....

Noticed the speedometer is jumping around... perhaps a wonky speed sensor.

BD

news

Old April 8th 08, 10:29 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Jerry[_1_]

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:39:49 GMT, "boondocks" >
wrote:

>Oh.. Hi Dan.
>
>Not going to continue with this nitpicking.
>
>Anyway, the filter and fluid change produced 0 results.
>
>Still going into limp mode....
>
>Noticed the speedometer is jumping around... perhaps a wonky speed sensor.
>
>BD

I have a 2000 Caravan that stared bucking a bit on the highway, the
speedometer was jumping around and then went to limp mode if I
remember right. It turned out to be the tranny output sensor which
was on the outside and accessible from the driver wheel well after
removing the water shield.

Jerry

96 T&C in "limp home" mode. Does it need a lot or a little? Fieronut Chrysler 5 October 19th 06 03:28 PM
91 Voyager transmission Goes Into Limp Mode ron Chrysler 7 July 4th 06 08:24 AM
info on limp-in mode [email protected] Chrysler 14 January 15th 06 05:40 PM
Transmission limp mode rkm Dodge 12 October 15th 04 12:49 AM
93 Caravan Transmisson goes to Limp mode LateNight Dodge 18 October 1st 04 05:51 PM