4wd civic 11.41 @121MPH

Old September 23rd 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default 4wd civic 11.41 @121MPH

My buddy's from Epic Tuning ...As some of you remember we had a '91 EF
hatch with a stock Z6 engine making 375whp @ 24psi. At this power
level it ran 11.41 @121MPH. Since then we had turned it up some more.
It made 390WHP with a slipping clutch @26psi. We changed the clutch
and ran it at the track @ 28-30psi. The car ran 11.3@127mph. We
couldn't run anymore because the car had no roll cage. Instead of
turning it into a drag car we and the owner decided to go in a
different direction. We wanted to make it all wheel drive, work
through the problems and have a reliable 4WD civic for the street. We
converted the car to Real Time 4WD from a '89 Civic Wagovan. We used
the transmission, axles, driveshaft, viscous coupling, rear
differential and subframe. The clutch is a ACT 4 pad disc and Heavy
Duty pressure plate. So far at 24psi the drivetrain is holding up
great. We have a couple hundred miles and 40+ tire chirping launches
without a problem. We will keep putting it through its paces and see
what, if anything, breaks. We will have video up shorty along with new
all wheel dyno numbers.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2104408&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3_IHTfs

www.epictuning.com

Old September 23rd 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ripcord

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!
oups.com...

Old September 24th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Sep 23, 5:30 pm, "Ripcord" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > My buddy's from Epic Tuning ...As some of you remember we had a '91 EF
> > hatch with a stock Z6 engine making 375whp @ 24psi. At this power
> > level it ran 11.41 @121MPH. Since then we had turned it up some more.
> > It made 390WHP with a slipping clutch @26psi. We changed the clutch
> > and ran it at the track @ 28-30psi. The car ran 11.3@127mph. We
> > couldn't run anymore because the car had no roll cage. Instead of
> > turning it into a drag car we and the owner decided to go in a
> > different direction. We wanted to make it all wheel drive, work
> > through the problems and have a reliable 4WD civic for the street. We
> > converted the car to Real Time 4WD from a '89 Civic Wagovan. We used
> > the transmission, axles, driveshaft, viscous coupling, rear
> > differential and subframe. The clutch is a ACT 4 pad disc and Heavy
> > Duty pressure plate. So far at 24psi the drivetrain is holding up
> > great. We have a couple hundred miles and 40+ tire chirping launches
> > without a problem. We will keep putting it through its paces and see
> > what, if anything, breaks. We will have video up shorty along with new
> > all wheel dyno numbers.

> >http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2104408&page=1

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3_IHTfs

> >www.epictuning.com

not bs at all, it has track runs, been on the dyno

Cheap, reliable used Civic? Finding cheap/reliable Civic to last 3 years? [email protected] Honda 38 April 10th 06 12:27 PM
94 civic 1.5L Rocky Honda 4 October 15th 05 07:52 PM
would a gear box out of a 95 civic SOHC fot a 97 civic coupe SOHC? civic_coupe Honda 0 August 2nd 05 03:58 PM
Installing Alpine CDM-s620 and civic 99 radio/headunit in 90 civic wagon Theodore Chan Honda 2 April 21st 05 03:34 AM
Honda Civic Dx special edition vs Civic Dx? Prelude Honda 0 February 4th 05 10:15 PM