Over Inflation Tires Winter Storage

Old October 31st 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mark[_4_]

Default Over Inflation Tires Winter Storage

pws wrote:

> My top goes up when the temp hits about 50 degrees Farenheit. You people
> are insane. ;-) Of course, I was driving a miata with no A/C when it
> was 112 out this summer.

It was 24F driving to work today, with the top down, of course (it
wasn't raining, after all).

> We have a predicted high of 86 today for Halloween. It is supposed to
> drop all the way down to 63 later this week.....

Yikes, I'd much rather live where I do than wherever it is you do (I'm
in the great (and cold) Pacific Northwest). It is fall, after all.
Unless you're in the southern hemisphere, then that's ok.

Old October 31st 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Mark wrote:

> Yikes, I'd much rather live where I do than wherever it is you do (I'm
> in the great (and cold) Pacific Northwest). It is fall, after all.
> Unless you're in the southern hemisphere, then that's ok.

That's central Texas, and them be fightin' words... ;-)

There are advantages to both places. I don't ever like snow, cold
temperatures cut right through me, and while I like the rain, I don't
like it to happen that often.

On the other hand, if you don't want to suffer third-degree burns when
grabbing the metal voodoo knob in the summer, then Texas or any other
Southern state is probably not a good choice.

I have already picked where I am moving to, now it is a matter of
getting ready and set-up again. I have only been thinking about it for
four years....

Pat

Old October 31st 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mark[_4_]

pws wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
> > Yikes, I'd much rather live where I do than wherever it is you do (I'm
> > in the great (and cold) Pacific Northwest). It is fall, after all.
> > Unless you're in the southern hemisphere, then that's ok.

> That's central Texas, and them be fightin' words... ;-)
>
> There are advantages to both places. I don't ever like snow, cold
> temperatures cut right through me, and while I like the rain, I don't
> like it to happen that often.
>
> On the other hand, if you don't want to suffer third-degree burns when
> grabbing the metal voodoo knob in the summer, then Texas or any other
> Southern state is probably not a good choice.
>
> I have already picked where I am moving to, now it is a matter of
> getting ready and set-up again. I have only been thinking about it for
> four years....
>
> Pat

I was born in Dallas, but my folks moved us to CA when I was about 3
months old, so I don't really consider myself a Texan. Having now
escaped to OR where I don't have to live through oven-like weather,
whenever my wife wants to take some vacation time and go visit her mom
in AZ in the summer, I always say, "Have a nice trip, and I'll see you
when you get home."

Old October 31st 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Default Places to live in the U.S. (was Over Inflation Tires Winter Storage)NMC

Mark wrote:

> I was born in Dallas, but my folks moved us to CA when I was about 3
> months old, so I don't really consider myself a Texan. Having now
> escaped to OR where I don't have to live through oven-like weather,
> whenever my wife wants to take some vacation time and go visit her mom
> in AZ in the summer, I always say, "Have a nice trip, and I'll see you
> when you get home."

Hmmmph,
I was also born in Dallas and was out of there before I had any memories
of living in that hellhole of a city.

Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington are basically one huge city and all of the
crappy little towns surrounding that mess like Cleburne just add to the
joy.
Cleburne is the true armpit of Texas and perhaps the nation, though
Lanny's hometown of St. Louis won top crime city this year, that is
probably just because he lives there. ;-)

They only moved me a few hundred miles south, but any mile between
yourself and Dallas is a good mile, imho.

Pat

Old October 31st 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

"pws" > wrote in message
> Mark wrote:
>
>> I was born in Dallas, but my folks moved us to CA when I was about 3
>> months old, so I don't really consider myself a Texan. Having now
>> escaped to OR where I don't have to live through oven-like weather,
>> whenever my wife wants to take some vacation time and go visit her mom
>> in AZ in the summer, I always say, "Have a nice trip, and I'll see you
>> when you get home."

> Hmmmph,
> I was also born in Dallas and was out of there before I had any memories
> of living in that hellhole of a city.
>
> Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington are basically one huge city and all of the
> crappy little towns surrounding that mess like Cleburne just add to the
> joy.
> Cleburne is the true armpit of Texas and perhaps the nation, though
> Lanny's hometown of St. Louis won top crime city this year, that is
> probably just because he lives there. ;-)
>
> They only moved me a few hundred miles south, but any mile between
> yourself and Dallas is a good mile, imho.
>
> Pat

You have no memories of Dallas, yet you know it's a hellhole of a city.
Funny that it continues to attract people to itself.

Of course, many of the nearly six million of us who live in the DFW area
will disagree with you. Like EVERY other place, Dallas has its pros and
cons. I know many people who actually like the summer heat and couldn't
stand Chicago winters, Florida humidity nor Seattle rain, San Francisco
hills (or liberals, take your pick).

Old October 31st 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Brian[_9_]

Frank Berger wrote:
> "pws" > wrote in message
>
>>Mark wrote:
>>

>>>I was born in Dallas, but my folks moved us to CA when I was about 3
>>>months old, so I don't really consider myself a Texan. Having now
>>>escaped to OR where I don't have to live through oven-like weather,
>>>whenever my wife wants to take some vacation time and go visit her mom
>>>in AZ in the summer, I always say, "Have a nice trip, and I'll see you
>>>when you get home."

>>Hmmmph,
>>I was also born in Dallas and was out of there before I had any memories
>>of living in that hellhole of a city.
>>
>>Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington are basically one huge city and all of the
>>crappy little towns surrounding that mess like Cleburne just add to the
>>joy.
>>Cleburne is the true armpit of Texas and perhaps the nation, though
>>Lanny's hometown of St. Louis won top crime city this year, that is
>>probably just because he lives there. ;-)
>>
>>They only moved me a few hundred miles south, but any mile between
>>yourself and Dallas is a good mile, imho.
>>
>>Pat
>>

> You have no memories of Dallas, yet you know it's a hellhole of a city.
> Funny that it continues to attract people to itself.
>
> Of course, many of the nearly six million of us who live in the DFW area
> will disagree with you. Like EVERY other place, Dallas has its pros and
> cons. I know many people who actually like the summer heat and couldn't
> stand Chicago winters, Florida humidity nor Seattle rain, San Francisco
> hills (or liberals, take your pick).

Or for a big city with small town flavor, try San Antonio. Just don't
fall in the river.
Old October 31st 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Frank Berger wrote:

> You have no memories of Dallas, yet you know it's a hellhole of a city.
> Funny that it continues to attract people to itself.

I have no memories of living there. I did visit many times as a child
because we had family there, and to go to Six Flags, which used to be
cool but the last visit it was a place that they couldn't pay me to
enter again. I also heard some talk of the city from them.

All of them have now left, it took the daylight shopping mall
robbery/murder of my great-aunt to convince my grandmother to get out of
there.
I have also had to travel there for work in the past, and it is on I-35
so it is hard to miss if you are taking that interstate in or out of Texas.
Believe me, it does not attract me, it looks worse every time I have to
be in that area.

> Of course, many of the nearly six million of us who live in the DFW area
> will disagree with you. Like EVERY other place, Dallas has its pros and
> cons. I know many people who actually like the summer heat and couldn't
> stand Chicago winters, Florida humidity nor Seattle rain, San Francisco
> hills (or liberals, take your pick).

I'll stand by my statement. It is a nasty place. Sure it has some good
spots, like you said, "EVERY" place has its pros and cons. It is also a
congested, polluted nightmare of a place to live, imho.
The problem with Austin is that it is becoming more like Dallas as it
grows, which is one reason I have been looking for another place to live.

Pat

Old October 31st 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Brian wrote:

> Or for a big city with small town flavor, try San Antonio. Just don't
> fall in the river.

MUCH, much better than Dallas, and closer to me as well. I visit San
Antonio quite often by choice and always avoid Dallas/Ft. Worth if at
all possible.

When someone is completely trashing their birth city, it should be an
indicator.
Having 6 million people living in close proximity is insanity to me. San
Antonio is far more spread out and doesn't have nearly as bad of a
congested big-city feel to it as Dallas does.

I would love to be proud of my place of birth, but that just isn't
possible here.

Pat
Old October 31st 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Frank Berger wrote:
>
> > You have no memories of Dallas, yet you know it's a hellhole of a city.
> > Funny that it continues to attract people to itself.

> I have no memories of living there. I did visit many times as a child
> because we had family there, and to go to Six Flags, which used to be
> cool but the last visit it was a place that they couldn't pay me to
> enter again. I also heard some talk of the city from them.
>
> All of them have now left, it took the daylight shopping mall
> robbery/murder of my great-aunt to convince my grandmother to get out of
> there.
> I have also had to travel there for work in the past, and it is on I-35
> so it is hard to miss if you are taking that interstate in or out of

Texas.
> Believe me, it does not attract me, it looks worse every time I have to
> be in that area.
>
> > Of course, many of the nearly six million of us who live in the DFW area
> > will disagree with you. Like EVERY other place, Dallas has its pros and
> > cons. I know many people who actually like the summer heat and couldn't
> > stand Chicago winters, Florida humidity nor Seattle rain, San Francisco
> > hills (or liberals, take your pick).

> I'll stand by my statement. It is a nasty place. Sure it has some good
> spots, like you said, "EVERY" place has its pros and cons. It is also a
> congested, polluted nightmare of a place to live, imho.
> The problem with Austin is that it is becoming more like Dallas as it
> grows, which is one reason I have been looking for another place to live.
>
> Pat

Hmmm, I lived in New York City until I was nearly 13, then my father was
transferred to PA. At the time I thought I was moving to the farm country,
the sticks, and had to be torn, screaming and crying, from my friends in
NYC.

Now you couldn't pay me enough to move back there! For lots of reasons, not
least of which is the fact that there are no good Miata roads in NYC. <g>
New York state, sure, but not New York City.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old October 31st 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:01:28 GMT, pws > wrote:

>I'll stand by my statement. It is a nasty place. Sure it has some good
>spots, like you said, "EVERY" place has its pros and cons. It is also a
>congested, polluted nightmare of a place to live, imho.

It sounds like you lack perspective. Having grown up near and in New York City,
and living now in Washington DC, with my family in scenic downtown Plano, I can
say that the Dallas area and Fort Worth look pretty darned nice to me when I
visit.

It also sounds like you've never seen real pollution!

-- Larry