Gotcha, you damn drunk driver

Old September 25th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Gotcha, you damn drunk driver

I was being tailgated last night, nothing unusual, but I was able to
pull into the right lane to let them pass. The next thing I know, they
are almost past me, then the turn signal comes on and they immediately
pull right over into my lane. Only serious braking on my part and luck
prevented an accident, I am still shocked that he did not hit me.
I let that go, my days of road rage are long past, but then he goes
halfway off the road in the next curve and barely manages to recover,
then continues swerving and going from under the speed limit to well
above it.
As much as I hate seeing drivers talk on cell phones, I was hitting 911
on mine. I told the dispatcher what happened, where we were and the make
and color of the POS buick. I didn't know what model it was, there was
no emblem and there isn't a Buick on the planet that I care about what
it is called.
This was probably the first time that I have seen cop lights behind me
and not been worried about it. I got out of the way and let them do
their job. Someone is rightfully sitting in a cell unless they made bail
yet.
I still think that the first DUI offense should make you lose your
driving priviledges for at least 10 years. The second one should remove
them forever, even if that means locking the person in a cage for life
to make sure that they stay off of the road.

Oh, what a feeling. :-)

Pat
Old September 25th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

"pws" > wrote in message
>I was being tailgated last night, nothing unusual, but I was able to pull
>into the right lane to let them pass. The next thing I know, they are
>almost past me, then the turn signal comes on and they immediately pull
>right over into my lane. Only serious braking on my part and luck prevented
>an accident, I am still shocked that he did not hit me.
> I let that go, my days of road rage are long past, but then he goes
> halfway off the road in the next curve and barely manages to recover, then
> continues swerving and going from under the speed limit to well above it.
> As much as I hate seeing drivers talk on cell phones, I was hitting 911 on
> mine. I told the dispatcher what happened, where we were and the make and
> color of the POS buick. I didn't know what model it was, there was no
> emblem and there isn't a Buick on the planet that I care about what it is
> called.
> This was probably the first time that I have seen cop lights behind me and
> not been worried about it. I got out of the way and let them do their job.
> Someone is rightfully sitting in a cell unless they made bail yet.
> I still think that the first DUI offense should make you lose your driving
> priviledges for at least 10 years. The second one should remove them
> forever, even if that means locking the person in a cage for life to make
> sure that they stay off of the road.
>
> Oh, what a feeling. :-)

Nice one. There's no excuse for drunk driving in my book. It's even worse
here in the UK where the traffic density is higher and more damage to people
and objects can be caused, but in general I have no time at all for anyone
who's been drinking and driving.

OK, so we've now got SUVs and drunk drivers banned - what or who is next?
;-)

Eric

Old September 25th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric

Eric Baber wrote:

> OK, so we've now got SUVs and drunk drivers banned - what or who is next?
> ;-)

elderly
Old September 25th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Domagoj Bagaric" > wrote in message
> Eric Baber wrote:
>
> > OK, so we've now got SUVs and drunk drivers banned - what or who is

next?
> > ;-)

> elderly

HEY! :-(

Old September 25th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> HEY! :-(

I agree, I hope to be elderly someday, and that day really isn't too far
off. Look at the alternative. :-)

My grandma is in her '80s and drives her Accord faster than I normally
drive in-town......She is still a pretty sharp old lady though.

Pat
Old September 25th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Eric Baber wrote:

> Nice one. There's no excuse for drunk driving in my book. It's even worse
> here in the UK where the traffic density is higher and more damage to people
> and objects can be caused, but in general I have no time at all for anyone
> who's been drinking and driving.
>
> OK, so we've now got SUVs and drunk drivers banned - what or who is next?
> ;-)
>
> Eric

Everyone but sober, miata-driving individuals, with one optional
passenger of course. We'll allow motorcycles too.
Did you need to ask? :-)

Pat

Old September 26th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
>I was being tailgated last night, nothing unusual, but I was able to pull
>into the right lane to let them pass. The next thing I know, they are
>almost past me, then the turn signal comes on and they immediately pull
>right over into my lane. Only serious braking on my part and luck prevented
>an accident, I am still shocked that he did not hit me.
> I let that go, my days of road rage are long past, but then he goes
> halfway off the road in the next curve and barely manages to recover, then
> continues swerving and going from under the speed limit to well above it.
> As much as I hate seeing drivers talk on cell phones, I was hitting 911 on
> mine. I told the dispatcher what happened, where we were and the make and
> color of the POS buick. I didn't know what model it was, there was no
> emblem and there isn't a Buick on the planet that I care about what it is
> called.
> This was probably the first time that I have seen cop lights behind me and
> not been worried about it. I got out of the way and let them do their job.
> Someone is rightfully sitting in a cell unless they made bail yet.
> I still think that the first DUI offense should make you lose your driving
> priviledges for at least 10 years. The second one should remove them
> forever, even if that means locking the person in a cage for life to make
> sure that they stay off of the road.
>
> Oh, what a feeling. :-)

Geez, glad to hear that you (and your Miata) survived without any damage.

The problem with DUI offenses is that, at least in this area, the damn drunk
drivers just go on driving without a license. And, when they do get spotted
driving under the influence again, usually go on a high-speed run to try to
avoid being arrested, thereby causing even *more* damages.

Maybe we should just lock them up for that ten year period. <G>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 Winkin' Miata

Old September 26th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Iva wrote:

> Geez, glad to hear that you (and your Miata) survived without any damage.
>
> The problem with DUI offenses is that, at least in this area, the damn drunk
> drivers just go on driving without a license. And, when they do get spotted
> driving under the influence again, usually go on a high-speed run to try to
> avoid being arrested, thereby causing even *more* damages.
>
> Maybe we should just lock them up for that ten year period. <G>
>
> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 Winkin' Miata

A lot of people think I am being overly harsh with losing your license
for a decade on the first offense, as if DUI is not that big a deal.
Anyone who thinks that can take a look here.

http://www.helpjacqui.com/home.htm

This happened to this beautiful young lady on a road that I have driven
hundreds of times. Her inner beauty hasn't wavered, but I don't think
anyone can argue about the exterior.
I did the smart thing last night, but I didn't do what I really wanted
to.....I HATE drunk drivers with a serious passion.

I like your solution to the problem of their continued driving. If they
are caught driving with a suspended license, a long, long time in prison
will keep them off of the streets.

Pat
Old September 26th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Nice work dude!

Chris
99BBB

Old September 26th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Joe Feise

pws wrote on 09/25/06 09:35:

> XS11E wrote:
>
>> HEY! :-(

> I agree, I hope to be elderly someday, and that day really isn't too far
> off. Look at the alternative. :-)
>
> My grandma is in her '80s and drives her Accord faster than I normally
> drive in-town......She is still a pretty sharp old lady though.
>
> Pat

Well, around here we had an elderly (80ies) guy driving his Buick through a
farmers market in Santa Monica. The trial is on right now. His lawyer claims he
confused the gas and the brake pedal...
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines

-Joe

YAY - Alledged drunk driver who killed charged with MURDER laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 5 July 28th 06 05:03 PM
Yet another study says CELL PHONE DRIVERS = DRUNK DRIVERS laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 23 July 6th 06 10:16 PM
Another person murdered by a speeding drunk driver wws Driving 3 November 25th 05 09:41 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! Quick sad story. 66 6F HCS Ford Mustang 4 June 18th 05 09:55 PM