rear window tips or tricks?

Old December 20th 05, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default rear window tips or tricks?

pws > wrote:

>Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> it does appear to add considerable visability, I'd love to hear first or
>> second hand experience with the 3 window.
>>
>> Chris
>> 99BBB

>The reviews on miata.net are generally very bad for this top, at least
>the 3-window one made by Robbins. Here is a link to them.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/7c5hk

Try a search of this group on deja way back. Author Eric Lucas. He had
a top like that (nonRobbins) and seemed to like it a lot. He used to
mention that the side windows would crease noticeably when the top
was down, but straighten out again nicely with the sun on them.

I do believe that was *car parked* with the sun on them.

I am pretty sure my MGB had a three window top too, but I do not
remember too much of it. Rear visibility in a Miata having the usual top
up is abysmal. Though not as bad as my former first gen Honda CRX Si,
and in the SI you could not drop the top.

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old December 20th 05, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

lloyd_dobbler_1 wrote:
> well, with only two days driving the car i have to say i like it so
> far. it actually has more visibility than my CRX did... as far as
> quality goes i don't know how long the top's been on the car but other
> than needing a good cleaning it's in pretty good shape, it's nice and
> tight with no holes, leaks or serious scratches on the side windows.
>
> i'll have to see how it holds up over the summer with the top going up
> and down more often before i can really give any sort of informed
> review.

Just drop the top and it will have better visibility than anything else. :-)

How many miles are on the car? Unless it is a garage queen, the top has
almost certainly been replaced. I have seen very few, if any last 15
years of normal use without looking really bad.

Pat
Old December 20th 05, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

it's obviously been replaced at least once... there's 183000 miles on
the car and the top is in pretty good condition.

Old December 22nd 05, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

lloyd_dobbler_1 wrote:
> it's obviously been replaced at least once... there's 183000 miles on
> the car and the top is in pretty good condition.

I guess another possibility is that the car originally had a hardtop
that was used most of the time.

It seems like a lot of the '91BRG miatas that I see have hardtops and
quite a few of the hardtops that sell on miata.net are BRG.

Makes me wonder if they made more of them for that miata for some
reason. As far as I know, none of the miatas have ever come with a
hardtop as standard equipment.

But you are correct, it has probably been replaced.
Also, 183,000 miles isn't that many with this car, you got a hell of a
deal at $900.00. :-)

Pat