Automobile magazine's 10 best sports cars

Old September 27th 05, 06:37 AM
Grant Edwards

Default Automobile magazine's 10 best sports cars

While at the dentist a couple weeks back I looked at this
month's "Automobile" magazine. They had an article about the
"10 Greatest Sports Cars of All Time". They weren't ranked,
but seemed to be listed in semi-chronological order:

An Alfa-Romeo from the 1920's
Shelby Cobra
Two Lotuses (Elan and Elise?)
A Jaguar
A BMW
A Ferrari
Corvette
Mazda MX-5 (NA)
Porshe 911

I don't remember the models of the Jag, BMW, or Ferrari. IIRC,
the Jag and BMW were both from 40-50 years ago.

It seems the MX-5 keeps pretty impressive company.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Vote for ME
at -- I'm well-tapered,
Old September 28th 05, 01:30 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

Although I regularly read Car and Driver, I like and respect Automobile
magazine. That's a pretty nice pat on the back to Mazda. Keep in mind that
it takes allot of cajones to select the miata when so many of your readers
are.........how do you put this nicely..............not purists and even the
purists some times don't take our affordable little roadster seriously and
have never driven one!

Maybe this will wake a few people up.

Chris
92BB&T

Old September 28th 05, 01:46 AM
Dave

>"Grant Edwards" > wrote in message
>> While at the dentist a couple weeks back I looked at this
>> month's "Automobile" magazine. They had an article about the
>> "10 Greatest Sports Cars of All Time". They weren't ranked,
>> but seemed to be listed in semi-chronological order:
>>
>> An Alfa-Romeo from the 1920's
>> Shelby Cobra
>> Two Lotuses (Elan and Elise?)
>> A Jaguar
>> A BMW
>> A Ferrari
>> Corvette
>> Mazda MX-5 (NA)
>> Porshe 911

Note: It wasn't just the NA. It was for the Miata in general. They
just happened to show a picture of the NA. Ditto on the Corvette
and 911. In fact, the author of the Miata writeup owns an NB
(Mazdaspeed).

BTW, they were listed in alphabetical order.

Dave
(NB owner)
Old September 28th 05, 03:24 AM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-09-28, Dave > wrote:

> Note: It wasn't just the NA. It was for the Miata in general.
> They just happened to show a picture of the NA. Ditto on the
> Corvette and 911. In fact, the author of the Miata writeup
> owns an NB (Mazdaspeed).

Cool. I didn't have time to read the article.

> BTW, they were listed in alphabetical order.

Ah, so that was it. Just a coincidence that the Alfa was the
oldest and the Mazda and Porsche were the newest (except for
the Elise, I guess).

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I have the power
at to HALT PRODUCTION on all

Patrick's Agenda -- CJ Explains It All [email protected] Ford Mustang 14 February 27th 05 05:26 AM
Automatic Miatas gixer Mazda 30 February 23rd 05 05:15 AM
528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 07:38 PM
European Cars Least Reliable Richard Schulman VW water cooled 3 November 11th 04 10:41 AM
BMW M3 or Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe Fred W. BMW 2 September 21st 04 05:41 PM