Sacramento Installation Help?

Old September 23rd 05, 05:17 AM
XS11E

http://miata.cardomain.com/ride/273010/11 contact info found in the
>>> classified section of http://bigapplemiata.org

>>That looks like a great idea but it requires a roll bar in order to
>>work...

> Not if you are 6'4". Just get a cap with a pulley under 45 degrees from
> front. When ready to close the top, just put the rope on the pulley and
> pull the handle with your left hand. Presto: top closes easily with one
> hand only.

Why am I asking advice from a guy who says white Miatas are the fastest
because of reduced photon drag? <G>

Old September 24th 05, 06:04 PM
Christopher Muto

that's not a roll bar, that is the side impact cross member that '94 and
above models have behind the seats...

Old September 24th 05, 06:14 PM
Christopher Muto

oh, on second look i see what you mean. why not shoot an email off to the
guy that created it and ask him if it requires the interaction with the roll
bar.

Old September 24th 05, 06:14 PM
Christopher Muto

Old September 24th 05, 06:41 PM
XS11E

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in:

> oh, on second look i see what you mean. why not shoot an email off to
> the guy that created it and ask him if it requires the interaction with
> the roll bar.

No need. If you look at the idea http://miata.cardomain.com/ride/273010/11
you'll see it requires something higher than the top handle to run the cord
over so it can lift the top. There's nothing in my car that is higher than
the top bow other than the headrests but I'm thinking that something might be
worked out.... I'll have to play with it.

Old September 24th 05, 11:24 PM
Leon van Dommelen

XS11E > wrote:

>"Christopher Muto" > wrote in:
>
>> oh, on second look i see what you mean. why not shoot an email off to
>> the guy that created it and ask him if it requires the interaction with
>> the roll bar.

>No need. If you look at the idea http://miata.cardomain.com/ride/273010/11
>you'll see it requires something higher than the top handle to run the cord
>over so it can lift the top. There's nothing in my car that is higher than
>the top bow other than the headrests

My valuable suggestions are, of course, ignored.

Leon

> but I'm thinking that something might be
>worked out.... I'll have to play with it.

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old September 25th 05, 12:07 AM
XS11E

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote in:

> XS11E > wrote:

>>No need. If you look at the idea
http://miata.cardomain.com/ride/273010/11
>>you'll see it requires something higher than the top handle to run the cord
>>over so it can lift the top. There's nothing in my car that is higher than
>>the top bow other than the headrests

> My valuable suggestions are, of course, ignored.

How valuable is mounting a pulley on my hat? What happens when the top is
just starting to come up and the hat tears? Or comes off? Or pulls down
over my eyes blinding me? Or is destroyed in a photon storm?
Old September 25th 05, 06:27 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> How valuable is mounting a pulley on my hat? What happens when the top is
> just starting to come up and the hat tears? Or comes off? Or pulls down
> over my eyes blinding me? Or is destroyed in a photon storm?

Oh, come now. Leon isn't responsible for your poor choice of hats. Suck
it up and add a pulley to one of these:
http://www.loveleaf.net/ts/image/326_lg.jpg

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old September 25th 05, 03:42 PM
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Oh, come now. Leon isn't responsible for your poor choice of hats. Suck
> it up and add a pulley to one of these:
> http://www.loveleaf.net/ts/image/326_lg.jpg
>
> ---
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

That would at least keep sand, gravel and such from hitting me in the
face, as well as eliminate the need for sunscreen, but I think that I
would last about 3 minutes top-down before I passed out from heatstroke. ;-)

Pat
Old October 1st 05, 10:44 PM
Chuck

If you are in the driver's seat facing forward--Stick your right arm
straight up in the air. Imagine that you are holding the wood handle (or a
loop handle) that is attached by a cord to the center front top handgrip.
Pulling on the handle will give you enough leverage to start the top on it's
way to closing.
Does any one have a spring fish scale? I'd like to know the amount of force
really needed.
I've got a couple of bad disks, so I don't even try to reach behind and
close the top.
Naturally, the NC has a new design top that may make things easier.