Feedback on styling!

Old March 26th 09, 02:48 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
fp

Default Feedback on styling!

Hi guys!

I'm new here, but I guess we all share the same interest, BMW cars!
During the last year I have been styling my BMW Z4 M Coupe. What do
you think? Does the styling make the car more unique or does it make
it look cheap?

http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/phot...4311_19012.jpg

http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/phot...08_5009818.jpg

http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...09_5997018.jpg

fp.
Old March 26th 09, 05:51 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Gordon Shumway

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:48:45 -0700 (PDT), fp >
wrote:

>Hi guys!
>
>I'm new here, but I guess we all share the same interest, BMW cars!
>During the last year I have been styling my BMW Z4 M Coupe. What do
>you think? Does the styling make the car more unique or does it make
>it look cheap?
>
>http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/phot...4311_19012.jpg
>
>http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/phot...08_5009818.jpg
>
>http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...09_5997018.jpg
>
>fp.

I'm sure Jeff Strickland will tell you what he thinks.
Old March 26th 09, 06:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
fp

On 26 Mar, 18:51, Gordon Shumway > wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:48:45 -0700 (PDT), fp >
> wrote:
>
> >Hi guys!

> >I'm new here, but I guess we all share the same interest, BMW cars!
> >During the last year I have been styling my BMW Z4 M Coupe. What do
> >you think? Does the styling make the car more unique or does it make
> >it look cheap?

> >http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

> >http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

> >http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

> >fp.

> I'm sure Jeff Strickland will tell you what he thinks.

Hey!

Thanks for your answer. But who is Jeff Strickland? I would love some
feedback, 'cause I've put a lot of work into this car.

fp.
Old March 26th 09, 06:13 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"Gordon Shumway" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:48:45 -0700 (PDT), fp >
> wrote:
>
>>Hi guys!
>>
>>I'm new here, but I guess we all share the same interest, BMW cars!
>>During the last year I have been styling my BMW Z4 M Coupe. What do
>>you think? Does the styling make the car more unique or does it make
>>it look cheap?
>>
>>http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/phot...4311_19012.jpg
>>
>>http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/phot...08_5009818.jpg
>>
>>http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...09_5997018.jpg
>>
>>fp.

> I'm sure Jeff Strickland will tell you what he thinks.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you asked ...

I don't generally care for the Z4 anyhow, but this one looks pretty good
until you get to that God awful wing thing on the back. I like the tire
package. I've not seen the hardtop version of a Z4 before. I'm not sure that
is even offered in the States, but I could be wrong on that point.

I'm more of a utilitarian, and lean to the 330 convertibles. I could suffer
through a 335 convertible if I had to.

My point is, I prefer the space and the lines of the 4-seaters over those of
the 2-seater; that's if I was buying one. I'd certainly enjoy driving a Z4
if given the chance, but I'd have to pass on buying one and turn my
attention to the 330. I like the M3 convertibles too, but from a pure
appearance perspective, the differences are pretty subtle.

At this stage in my life, the space of the 3 Series is more to my liking
than the Z cars provide.

Old March 26th 09, 07:19 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"fp" > wrote in message
> On 26 Mar, 18:51, Gordon Shumway > wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:48:45 -0700 (PDT), fp >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi guys!

>> >I'm new here, but I guess we all share the same interest, BMW cars!
>> >During the last year I have been styling my BMW Z4 M Coupe. What do
>> >you think? Does the styling make the car more unique or does it make
>> >it look cheap?

>> >http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

>> >http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

>> >http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

>> >fp.

>> I'm sure Jeff Strickland will tell you what he thinks.

> Hey!
>
> Thanks for your answer. But who is Jeff Strickland? I would love some
> feedback, 'cause I've put a lot of work into this car.
>
> fp.

Somebody once asked about aftermarket wheels for his car, an M3 as I recall.
My opinion is that M3s already have about the best looking rims on the road,
and changing them to aftermarket parts is not a good idea. I think that nice
cars should carry OEM parts, especially major parts such as rims. This is
not a hard and fast rule, but a generalization.

Your car looks pretty nice, except for the wing. Having said that, I've
never seen a wing that I like, so it's not just your implementation.

Basically, I'm just an opinionated asshole that doesn't care that I might
offend somebody's sensibilities.

Old March 26th 09, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
fp

On 26 Mar, 20:19, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
> "fp" > wrote in message

> > On 26 Mar, 18:51, Gordon Shumway > wrote:

> >> I'm sure Jeff Strickland will tell you what he thinks.

> > Hey!

> > Thanks for your answer. But who is Jeff Strickland? I would love some
> > feedback, 'cause I've put a lot of work into this car.

> > fp.

> Somebody once asked about aftermarket wheels for his car, an M3 as I recall.
> My opinion is that M3s already have about the best looking rims on the road,
> and changing them to aftermarket parts is not a good idea. I think that nice
> cars should carry OEM parts, especially major parts such as rims. This is
> not a hard and fast rule, but a generalization.
>
> Your car looks pretty nice, except for the wing. Having said that, I've
> never seen a wing that I like, so it's not just your implementation.
>
> Basically, I'm just an opinionated asshole that doesn't care that I might
> offend somebody's sensibilities.

Hey!

Thanks for the answers.

The BMW Z4 M Coupe is kind of rare. I don't know if it was available
in the U.S. since I live in Europe. The reason why it's such an
unusual sight might be because of its looks. Hehe! I have to agree
that the BMW M3 is a much more beautiful car. But since I'm competing
in car styling it is important for me to have a unique car.

I have done several engine upgrades. Right now it has 750 + horse
powers. I would be glad to answer any questions on how to make BMW's
faster.

fp.
Old March 26th 09, 10:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"fp" > wrote in message
> On 26 Mar, 20:19, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

>> > Hey!

>> > Thanks for your answer. But who is Jeff Strickland? I would love some
>> > feedback, 'cause I've put a lot of work into this car.

>> > fp.

>> Somebody once asked about aftermarket wheels for his car, an M3 as I
>> recall.
>> My opinion is that M3s already have about the best looking rims on the
>> road,
>> and changing them to aftermarket parts is not a good idea. I think that
>> nice
>> cars should carry OEM parts, especially major parts such as rims. This is
>> not a hard and fast rule, but a generalization.
>>
>> Your car looks pretty nice, except for the wing. Having said that, I've
>> never seen a wing that I like, so it's not just your implementation.
>>
>> Basically, I'm just an opinionated asshole that doesn't care that I might
>> offend somebody's sensibilities.

> Hey!
>
> Thanks for the answers.
>
> The BMW Z4 M Coupe is kind of rare. I don't know if it was available
> in the U.S. since I live in Europe. The reason why it's such an
> unusual sight might be because of its looks. Hehe! I have to agree
> that the BMW M3 is a much more beautiful car. But since I'm competing
> in car styling it is important for me to have a unique car.
>
> I have done several engine upgrades. Right now it has 750 + horse
> powers. I would be glad to answer any questions on how to make BMW's
> faster.
>
> fp.

Well, the car does look good, except for that thing growing off of the back.
All that matters is if you and the judges like it, I think it's silly and
serves no functional purpose. I'm all about function over form. But that's
just me.

To be fair, if there is a function -- such as on the track -- then it is a
necessary part, and I'm good with that. But if the sole purpose is the form,
then I'd not be having it.

You said you compete with the car, I assume in shows where they grade on the
shine and fitment of various parts. How are you doing relative to the other
competitors in your class?

You also said that you have pumped up the horsepower, what did you do? Given
the HP increases, it occurs to me that the wing actually has a vital job to
do ...

Old March 26th 09, 10:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Brewster Fong

On Mar 26, 11:13*am, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
> "Gordon Shumway" > wrote in message

> > On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:48:45 -0700 (PDT), fp >
> > wrote:

> >>Hi guys!

> >>I'm new here, but I guess we all share the same interest, BMW cars!
> >>During the last year I have been styling my BMW Z4 M Coupe. What do
> >>you think? Does the styling make the car more unique or does it make
> >>it look cheap?

> >>http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/....

> >>http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/....

> >>http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/....

> >>fp.

> > I'm sure Jeff Strickland will tell you what he thinks.

> I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you asked ...
>
> I don't generally care for the Z4 anyhow, but this one looks pretty good
> until you get to that God awful wing thing on the back. I like the tire
> package. I've not seen the hardtop version of a Z4 before. I'm not sure that
> is even offered in the States, but I could be wrong on that point.

The E86 Z4 M Coupe is sold in the US. I agree with Jeff, you really
need to get rid of that wing. It really makes the car look like a
"ricer" and ruins the lines of the car.

> I'm more of a utilitarian, and lean to the 330 convertibles. I could suffer
> through a 335 convertible if I had to.

The E93 335i convertible is a nice looking car. Just make sure it has
the intercooler!

Old March 26th 09, 11:12 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
John Burns

> I don't generally care for the Z4 anyhow, but this one looks pretty good
> until you get to that God awful wing thing on the back. I like the tire
> package. I've not seen the hardtop version of a Z4 before. I'm not sure that
> is even offered in the States, but I could be wrong on that point.

I'm not a big Z4 fan, don't like it from the side. But the Z4 coupe is
nicer looking than the convertible. It was sold in the US but I'm sure
it's rare. If I were to get a Z car it'd have to be a Z1 ;-)

Other than the supercharger what did you do to get 750BHP?

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price
Old March 26th 09, 11:14 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"Brewster Fong" > wrote in message
On Mar 26, 11:13 am, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:
> "Gordon Shumway" > wrote in message

> > On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:48:45 -0700 (PDT), fp >
> > wrote:

> >>Hi guys!

> >>I'm new here, but I guess we all share the same interest, BMW cars!
> >>During the last year I have been styling my BMW Z4 M Coupe. What do
> >>you think? Does the styling make the car more unique or does it make
> >>it look cheap?

> >>http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

> >>http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

> >>http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/phot...0/8/608395312/...

> >>fp.

> > I'm sure Jeff Strickland will tell you what he thinks.

> I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you asked ...
>
> I don't generally care for the Z4 anyhow, but this one looks pretty good
> until you get to that God awful wing thing on the back. I like the tire
> package. I've not seen the hardtop version of a Z4 before. I'm not sure
> that
> is even offered in the States, but I could be wrong on that point.

The E86 Z4 M Coupe is sold in the US. I agree with Jeff, you really
need to get rid of that wing. It really makes the car look like a
"ricer" and ruins the lines of the car.

> I'm more of a utilitarian, and lean to the 330 convertibles. I could
> suffer
> through a 335 convertible if I had to.

The E93 335i convertible is a nice looking car. Just make sure it has
the intercooler!

<JS>
I have to go with the 330 for that reason. Having said that, can one buy a
factory-equipped turbo and NOT have an intercooler? It seems to me that an
intercooler would be a required part of the system if there was any hope of
warranty coverage.

I saw an E93 328 today, the top was up and I would have to see a coupe
sitting beside it to tell the differences. I'd like to see one with the top
down. (I'd really like to see the top in action, I would like to see how it
folds in on itself to fit into the trunk, or where ever it goes.)

I gotta say, I like my E36 better, and I also like the E46 better, than the
E93. That's just an observation of the overall lines of the cars, I'm not
considering the noise levels -- my E36 has windnoise with the top up that I
am pretty sure does not exist with the E46 (glass window and all of that),
and the folding hardtop of the E93 has got to be even more quiet.

Need feedback on new car purchase Space Chimp Technology 34 October 3rd 08 06:32 PM
GTR Force Feedback Damien Smith Simulators 1 December 28th 04 02:48 PM
force feedback tango Simulators 9 November 29th 04 06:07 PM
Any Feedback on Superchips? [email protected] Audi 8 October 19th 04 11:11 PM
ATI vid card feedback please. V \fnugen\ Simulators 10 October 18th 04 01:12 AM