Who's here?

Old July 24th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Default Who's here?

Well, it's been entirely too quiet around here lately. The only really
interesting posts I've seen lately on this thread were political (off topic)
and as much as I love this groups ability to stay on topic (unlike most
newsgroups), it was at least nice to see human communication taking place.
And hey, miata guys are so civil that even the politics didn't get totally
ugly (good work guys). Anyway, at the risk of going off topic again here, I
decided to re-post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging around
here and where they are from. It turned out to be HUGELY entertaining for me
and others seemed to get a kick out of it too SOOOO, just to stir the pot,
here's the info again. I'd love to hear from anybody that's still hanging
around and I'll even add / update my info and re-post it after (assuming I
get SOME responses).

I've got a follow up that I want to do but thought I'd stir the pot before I
threw a soup bone in there ;-)

I have t appologize to Brunno, we had some great conversations back and
forth comparing and contrasting the US of A and Denmark (VERY interesting)
and my computer bit the dust and I lost my address book and all my old inbox
/ sent items so, I dropped the ball (the conversation). I imagine he's still
lurking here ;-0

Thanks,
Chris
99BBB

rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata (RAMMM)
Last Updated: 12/1/2007
# Identity: State: City: Country: Province:

1 Chris D'Agnolo TX Sugar Land (sw Houston)
2 Clark Fredricks IL Aurora (w/sw Chicago)
3 XS11 AZ Phoenix
4 Jack McGann MA Chelmsford
5 Jim OH Columbus
6 Larry(pltrgyst) VA Alexandria
7 Todd Benson OR Portland
8 Barry CA Pasadena
9 Bruce Haskin WA Normandy Park (Seattle)
10 Richard Phillips Wales Swansea U.K.
11 Eric Barber Cambridge U.K.
12 r0lliSl1fe CT Storrs
13 Fred Martin AL Hoover
14 Roland Smith CA Wrightwood
15 Geary Morton NC Raleigh
16 Trent Woods NC
17 Iva PA Bethlehem
18 Michael Gies OR Beaverton
19 Miker MN Minneapolis
20 Scott Streeter MA Auburn
21 Frank Berger TX Dallas
22 CR IL Springfield
23 Jim McDonald NY Newburgh
24 Chas Hurst PA Beautiful Bucks county
25 John McGaw TN Knoxville
26 Leon van D. FL Tallahassee
27 Carbon FL Lakeland
28 Beemer AZ Glendale
29 Don Moore OH Cuyahoga Falls
30 Miata Bill (BK) MO Saint Peters
31 Stephen Toth PA Landenberg
32 Michael FL Jacksonville
33 Rich Lowe OH Columbia Station
34 J Brockley New Zealand Auckland
35 Robert Boswell (Boz) U.K. Newark
36 Pat (pws) TX Lago Vista (Austin)
37 abyss OR Coos Bay
38 Christopher Muto NY New York
39 Lanny Chambers MO St. Louis
40 Bruno Denmark Copenhagen
41 Abid Kahn TX Sugar Land (sw Houston)
42 Ken Lyons VA Alexandria
43 Bill & Joanne PA Catasauqua
44 Steve Vernon IN Indianapolis
45 Russ NM Albuquerque
46 Harry Carlux France
47 Tommy Brighton U.K.
48 Gordon Bennett NH Alton
49 Chance PA Grove City
50 Chris Rennix VA Williamsburg
51 Bipestuff NC Raleigh
52 Dana Myers CA Cordelia
53 Zog the Undeniable Swindon U.K.
54 Steve McMahon CA Santa Monica
55 George Jetson IA Keystone
56 Invisible Man Chelmsford U.K. Essex
57 Brian TX San Antonio
58 Werner B. Antwerp Belgium
59 Jim GA Watkinsville
60 W. Kiernan FL Lutz (N of Tampa)
61 Gus (nofatsug) CA Irvine
62 Mal Osborne "Perth, WA (?)" Australia
63 Dan Bennett Cork Ireland

States
Represented Frequency

AL 1
AK
AR
AZ 2
CA 5
CO
CT 1
DE
FL 4
GA 1
HI
ID
IL 2
IN 1
IA 1
KS
KY
LA
ME
MD
MA 1
MI
MN 1
MS 1
MO 2
MT
NE
NV
NH 1
NJ
NM 1
NY 2
NC 3
ND
OH 3
OK
OR 3
PA 5
RI
SC
SD
TN 1
TX 5
UT
VT
VA 3
WA 1
(Wash))DC
WV
WI
WY
TOTALS: 51

COUNTRIES
REPRESENTED

U.S.A./ 51
U.K. / 6
New Zealand / 1
Denmark / 1
France / 1
Belgium / 1
Australia / 1
Ireland / 1

Old July 24th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Anyway, at the risk of going off topic again here, I decided to re-

post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging around here and
where they are from.

> 3 XS11 AZ Phoenix

That's XS11E, please. I'm waiting for my new top, I got a call that
it's here but wasn't able to schedule installation until Thursday, July
11th.

Robbins says they have new glue, I'll believe it if the back window
doesn't fall out.....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old July 24th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_3_]

I used to be here. Then I wasn't. Now I'm back.

Carol
'04 Black Cherry
Houston, Texas

Old July 24th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Houston Miata Club member Carol?
I joined a couple years ago and have dabbled but haven't stayed current.
I love that color!
I'll add you to my list!

Chris
99BBB
Sugar Land, TX

Old July 24th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

I'm here
2005 NC Limited Edition. Brilliant Black
Sydney, New South Wales (NSW), Australia

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old July 24th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Still here, mostly in lurk mode for now. I suspect that the same is true
for most of the people on your list.

Pat
Old July 24th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I am here, mostly reading.

Abid Khan
Sugar Land, TX
Old July 24th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Well, it's been entirely too quiet around here lately. The only
> really interesting posts I've seen lately on this thread were
> political (off topic) and as much as I love this groups ability to
> stay on topic (unlike most newsgroups), it was at least nice to see
> human communication taking place. And hey, miata guys are so civil
> that even the politics didn't get totally ugly (good work guys).
> Anyway, at the risk of going off topic again here, I decided to
> re-post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging around here
> and where they are from. It turned out to be HUGELY entertaining for
> me and others seemed to get a kick out of it too SOOOO, just to stir
> the pot, here's the info again. I'd love to hear from anybody that's
> still hanging around and I'll even add / update my info and re-post
> it after (assuming I get SOME responses).
>
> I've got a follow up that I want to do but thought I'd stir the pot
> before I threw a soup bone in there ;-)

I love it that little ol' Pennsylvania has the same number as big ol'
California and Texas.

Speaking of Texas, anyone get trammeled by Hurricane Dolly? Hopefully
not!

I missed my track days for this year because my surgeon hasn't
released me. Heck, he hasn't even released me for work or driving yet
but I'm already doing both of those - at least a little bit. It's
just that I figured doing HPDE is a little too much for my poor gut
right now.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old July 25th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Hey Iva, ya, good for 'ol PA!
Here in SW Houston, we've gotten quite a good soaking between today and
yesterday afternoon. Some good / heavy stuff but not quite at a rate
that'll overwhelm the drainage so, we're mostly appreciative. Plus, it's
dropped the temps 8 ~ 10 degrees.

Thanks,
Chris
99BBB

Old July 25th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:03:22 -0500, pws wrote:

> Still here, mostly in lurk mode for now. I suspect that the same is true
> for most of the people on your list.

True for me at least. I check in every few days but mostly I'm just
driving my car. If only it were less reliable or something I'd post with
more questions...