Has anyobdy ever put one of these into a Miata?

Old May 8th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Default Has anyobdy ever put one of these into a Miata?

http://preview.tinyurl.com/39pqtw

Old May 8th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Frank Berger wrote:
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/39pqtw

Nope. I put a 10-disk cd changer in the trunk and a cassette player
with AM/FM radio in where the stock radio used to be. The advantage
was it's half the size of the original radio and gives me a nice
little "bin" underneath.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old May 8th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> http://preview.tinyurl.com/39pqtw

I ass-U-me you read this:

"The radios are all taken from salvaged vehicles that were already
dismantled (meaning they couldnt be tested). They are all as-is and
considered for cores. Working condition is unknown, which means you
could get one that works perfect or one that does not."

Get one of these, instead, and install it according to directions at
miata.net.

http://tinyurl.com/yspkxz

Or one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/2bqqgb

or whatever. Stick with Mazda radios. I got the combo
AM/FM/Cassette/CD 6 disk Changer from Ebay, brand new and guaranteed,
no regrets. It fits, it works.

Old May 8th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

"XS11E" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Frank Berger" > wrote:
>
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/39pqtw

> I ass-U-me you read this:
>
> "The radios are all taken from salvaged vehicles that were already
> dismantled (meaning they couldnt be tested). They are all as-is and
> considered for cores. Working condition is unknown, which means you
> could get one that works perfect or one that does not."
>
> Get one of these, instead, and install it according to directions at
> miata.net.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yspkxz
>
> Or one of these:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2bqqgb
>
> or whatever. Stick with Mazda radios. I got the combo
> AM/FM/Cassette/CD 6 disk Changer from Ebay, brand new and guaranteed,
> no regrets. It fits, it works.

Actually, I posted here as a result of a discussion in
rec.music.classical.recordings about a car CD player that has digital
compression as an option, a feature which greatly enhances the listening
experience for classical music in any car, especially a noisy one. I
neglected to mention that. The one I linked to (and it was just suggestive,
it's easy to find the same unit that has been tested and comes with some
sort of guarantee) has the feature. The ones you suggested don't have
compression, as far as I can see, unfortunately. That's why I wanted to
know if and how the Ford unit could be installed in a Miata.

Old May 8th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

"Iva" .> wrote in message
> Frank Berger wrote:
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/39pqtw

As my followup post says, I'm looking for a unit with digital compression.
I should have mentioned that to aviod getting well-intended, but irrelevant,
suggestions.

Old May 8th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> Actually, I posted here as a result of a discussion in
> rec.music.classical.recordings about a car CD player that has
> digital compression as an option, a feature which greatly enhances
> the listening experience for classical music in any car,
> especially a noisy one.

I suspect that you, like others, will find the attempt to have even
barely acceptable music in a Miata to be futile but good luck!

Old May 8th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Frank Berger wrote:
> Actually, I posted here as a result of a discussion in
> rec.music.classical.recordings about a car CD player that has
> digital compression as an option, a feature which greatly enhances
> the listening experience for classical music in any car, especially
> a noisy one. I neglected to mention that. The one I linked to (and
> it was just suggestive, it's easy to find the same unit that has
> been tested and comes with some sort of guarantee) has the feature.
> The ones you suggested don't have compression, as far as I can see,
> unfortunately. That's why I wanted to know if and how the Ford unit
> could be installed in a Miata.

Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were actually going to put
one *just* like that in your car.

Never mind. <g>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old May 9th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Frank Berger wrote:
> As my followup post says, I'm looking for a unit with digital

compression.
> I should have mentioned that to aviod getting well-intended, but

irrelevant,
> suggestions.

Better irrelevant than irreverent. <g>

And at least we didn't ignore your post. <G>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old May 9th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Frank Berger wrote:
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/39pqtw

I wouldnt touch it as he explicitly says it may or may not work. I he
is selling 15 - 20 a week, he could wire up a testing rig.
hth,
peter
Old May 9th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

peter > wrote:

> Frank Berger wrote:
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/39pqtw
>>

> I wouldnt touch it as he explicitly says it may or may not work.
> I he is selling 15 - 20 a week, he could wire up a testing rig.

Actually, he can't. He's running a salvage yard, cars are disassembled
with cutting torch, pry bar and wire cutters. If he spent half an hour
testing radios, he'd probably have to triple the prices or more.

There's a lot of money to be made in the wrecking business but speed is
essential.

FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Miata no more pws Mazda 3 September 6th 05 08:05 PM
Miata A/C Jerry Mazda 3 July 30th 05 04:28 AM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM