Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ?

Old September 8th 05, 05:58 PM
DB

Default Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ?

Anyone notice the web site at www.iRacing.com ?

It gives me the impression that iRacing is only going to
produce or license code for commercial simulators or
pay to play arcade systems or something.

Anyone know what the scoop is with DKs company ?

Have they changed there original plans after changing there
name from first ?

Old September 8th 05, 07:17 PM
Cowboy Bob

Wow, quite a change to their website. Also, no more mention of those
nasty court battles...

Maybe they're waiting the release of rFactor to see what is offered by
another company. I'm certainly eagerly awaiting their upcoming sim.

P.S.

Old September 8th 05, 11:38 PM
jason moyer

DB wrote:

> It gives me the impression that iRacing is only going to
> produce or license code for commercial simulators or
> pay to play arcade systems or something.

It says they're planning on releasing the next generation of auto
racing simulations. I'm sure whatever they do will be light-years
ahead of everyone else, regardless of how you feel about the community
politics angle.

Old September 9th 05, 12:13 AM
David G Fisher

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> DB wrote:
>
>> It gives me the impression that iRacing is only going to
>> produce or license code for commercial simulators or
>> pay to play arcade systems or something.

> It says they're planning on releasing the next generation of auto
> racing simulations. I'm sure whatever they do will be light-years
> ahead of everyone else, regardless of how you feel about the community
> politics angle.

Why is that?

--
David G Fisher

Old September 9th 05, 12:20 AM
jason moyer

David G Fisher wrote:

> Why is that?

DK has been one step of the competition with everything he's released
in the past 15 years. Why would that end now?

Old September 9th 05, 12:21 AM
jason moyer

jason moyer wrote:
> David G Fisher wrote:
>
> > Why is that?

> DK has been one step of the competition with everything he's released
> in the past 15 years. Why would that end now?

+ahead

Old September 9th 05, 12:29 AM
David G Fisher

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> jason moyer wrote:
>> David G Fisher wrote:
>>
>> > Why is that?

>> DK has been one step of the competition with everything he's released
>> in the past 15 years. Why would that end now?

> +ahead

He doesn't have the same competition he had 3, 5, 10, or 15 years ago.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 9th 05, 12:34 AM
jason moyer

David G Fisher wrote:

> He doesn't have the same competition he had 3, 5, 10, or 15 years ago.

The only real competition is the same company that was his main
competitor from what...1998 to 2003?

Old September 9th 05, 12:35 AM
jason moyer

jason moyer wrote:

> The only real competition is the same company that was his main
> competitor from what...1998 to 2003?

Actually, from 98-2001 he also had MGI to contend with, and they're
gone now. As is Warthog, whom he'll never really have to worry about.

Old September 9th 05, 12:36 AM
DB

>> ahead of everyone else, regardless of how you feel about the community
>> politics angle.

I just asked a simple question, No politics on my part ... I have loved and
purchased every DK sim produced and am looking forward to another one.
.... hopefully .. Just wondering if anyone in ras is in the know and can
share.

>>It says they're planning on releasing the next generation of auto
>>racing simulations.

It doesn't say for the PC though