IRacing Pricing

Old February 1st 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
btgoss

Default IRacing Pricing

I agree this concept should put an end to the problems of making
certain you have the correct software, and something I hadn't seen
mentioned previously in this thread, it should also help to keep
cheating down (I would imagine it is hard to cheat on a MMO, but since
I haven't really played one since Motor City or the City of Heroes
beta I don't know.)

The most important question for me right now, is what sort of hardware
am I going to need to play this sim?
Right now I have an older P4 3.4, it is the extreme with hyper-
threading, but only single core, and it is on an AGP mobo, with
9800pro. Am I going to be wanting for more power to play this sim? I
really haven't been playing any racing sims in some time, I had lost
interest, but this is really a very interesting sim in my opinion. I
would just love a hint as to where I should be headed in building a
new computer, or would a video card update work fine with this sim?
Can we get some hints on that?

btgoss

Old February 2nd 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"btgoss" > wrote in message
>I agree this concept should put an end to the problems of making
> certain you have the correct software, and something I hadn't seen
> mentioned previously in this thread, it should also help to keep
> cheating down (I would imagine it is hard to cheat on a MMO, but since
> I haven't really played one since Motor City or the City of Heroes
> beta I don't know.)
>
> The most important question for me right now, is what sort of hardware
> am I going to need to play this sim?
> Right now I have an older P4 3.4, it is the extreme with hyper-
> threading, but only single core, and it is on an AGP mobo, with
> 9800pro. Am I going to be wanting for more power to play this sim? I
> really haven't been playing any racing sims in some time, I had lost
> interest, but this is really a very interesting sim in my opinion. I
> would just love a hint as to where I should be headed in building a
> new computer, or would a video card update work fine with this sim?
> Can we get some hints on that?
>
> btgoss

The norm is that a current and new computer at the best bang for the
buck price will be enough to run the latest software - that is pretty
typical of most past Papy stuff. And if it's anything like past papy stuff
then there will be many ways to dumb it down so that it will give a decent
experience on older machines - how old is anyones guess. Same old story - ya
gotta pay ta play! And for perspective - compare the time and money to
actually doing real life racing and the deal normally looks VERY good!

Old February 4th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"Tim Wheatley" wrote...
> I remember well my $600 phone bill and that was back
> in 1999 racing GPL over a 56k dial-up paid per-minute.
> Them were the days.

It wasn't as much fun for those of us on cable having all these 56k'ers
warping all over the place untill they learned to slow their modems down.
;-p

Jan.
=---

Old February 4th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"Backspace" wrote...
>> Tim Wheatley wrote:
>> <snip>

> Wow! What a sucker. And I suppose you're another one of those dorks that
> thinks GPL was realistic?

There was nothing wrong with GPL in itself. It's mods prove the basic engine
was less flawed then NR2003's, actually. Obviously, at the time (we're
talking a decade ago, remember), a lack of knowledge about the era coupled
with a lack of familiarity with physics engines of this level of
sophistication by the testers conspired to make the GPL'67 implementation
laughable by today's standards in terms of realism. However, it's still
pretty good. Eg.: if you run a very tall 1st gear in GP mode and have to get
the car moving again a couple times, you will break the clutch eventually,
so a lot of attention to detail went into it.

However much you may mock it, GPL was a quantum leap at the time and set the
benchmark for everything which followed.

Jan.
=---

Old February 4th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Jan - Don't waste your time responding with an intelligent post to
that idiot.

Old February 4th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Real One - For Now....\)

BINGO!!!

You have no idea how many times I tried to tell people on TEN. Do NOT set
your modem for 56k speeds! All it does it re-train half the data it tries
to send/receive and cause warp.

I manually set my modem to connect at only 19,200 and I never had warp
issues on TEN.

I finally got 128K ISDN and it was the greatest online racing connection
I've seen, even now days. It was a beauty. I think it was even more stable
than my current 15mbit connection, though I don't really have issues these
days either.

-Larry

Old February 5th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Larry (The Real One - For Now....) wrote:

> though I don't really have issues these days either.

Larry (The Real One - For Now....) doesn't have issues?
Old February 5th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Real One - For Now....\)

Only when certain jackasses hijack everyone's screen names and posts spam
with them

-Larry

. uk...

Old February 7th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer[_2_]

On Jan 30, 6:12*am, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:

> * * It will be worth $20/month to be in a place where there's no possibility
> of you showing up FFS! LOL.
>
> * * I smell a DK Plot!

I'm going to shell out my $20 a month to run into the back of you
repeatedly while you ignore the blue flags.

Old February 7th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
On Jan 30, 6:12 am, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:

> It will be worth $20/month to be in a place where there's no possibility
> of you showing up FFS! LOL.
>
> I smell a DK Plot!

I'm going to shell out my $20 a month to run into the back of you
repeatedly while you ignore the blue flags.

Might be true! I'm thinking of joining up with that "Old n slow" team!

iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ? DB Simulators 86 September 15th 05 08:33 PM
iRacing and Piratebay ymenard Simulators 6 July 23rd 05 01:44 AM