Best current F1 sim?

Old March 20th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PG

Default Best current F1 sim?

Yep, the F1 season has just started again (Come on Lewis!) and rekindled
my interest in F1 Sims, so...

What is the best current F1 Sim?

I already own several older versions, Microprose Grand Prix 2 & 3, EA F1
2000 & 2002, etc.

I have a demo version of rFactor, but was not that impressed, and am not
sure if there is a good F1 add on for it?

Info would be appreciated, thanx...

PJGTECH
Old March 20th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PG

PG wrote:
> Yep, the F1 season has just started again (Come on Lewis!) and rekindled
> my interest in F1 Sims, so...
>
> What is the best current F1 Sim?
>
> I already own several older versions, Microprose Grand Prix 2 & 3, EA F1
> 2000 & 2002, etc.
>
> I have a demo version of rFactor, but was not that impressed, and am not
> sure if there is a good F1 add on for it?
>
> Info would be appreciated, thanx...
>
> PJGTECH

Sorry, should also have clarified, I'm interested in a MODERN F1 sim,
not retro, (as I have GPL for that - Obviously!)

8-)
Old March 20th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Fritz

lookie he
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...ber%20BMW%20F1

or

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=CTDP%202005

Old March 21st 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> I'm not a huge fan of rFactor, and I thought the F1 mod was a bit too
> fast for my liking. Then I watched that programme where Richard Hammond
> 'learned' to drive an F1 car in a day, and changed my mind. Those things
> are a bit quick, so it's probably pretty accurate. :-)

The "problem" with simulating F1 is that the pure exhilaration, terror
and need to do things so quickly when driving an F1 car ably
demonstrated by Hammond is mostly lost. The doing things quickly bit
comes across which at the risk of being flamed makes it feel a bit
arcade. It doesn't help that F1 cockpits look like toys these days too.

Driving one for real the sheer performance, grip and braking capability
would be simply awe inspiring, plus the physical effort would have most
of us coming in after just a few laps.

I just don't think modern F1 works well in simulations. Of course your
mileage may vary...

Cheers
Tony

Thoughts on current-era VWs? Andrew Sullivan VW water cooled 7 October 12th 07 04:55 PM
Current Book GentleRF Mazda 0 February 8th 07 07:03 PM
Current Book w Mazda 0 February 8th 07 09:55 AM
Is the ESI-687 a current probe or a DMM? John Courcoul Technology 3 November 14th 06 09:16 AM
E?? for current model M5 Branden Nelsen BMW 0 September 11th 05 04:16 PM