UltraForce GS-1 G-Seat

Old December 14th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default UltraForce GS-1 G-Seat

12/14/06
UltraForce Simulators
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Kokomo, Indiana - Ultraforce Simulators LLC Announces Launch of the
GS-1:

The UltraForce GS-1 brings ground-breaking G-Seat technology to racing
sim drivers and flight sim pilots. The patent-pending GS-1 translates
X, Y, and Z axis inertial accelerations calculated by the simulation
software physics into three dimensional motion cues. Race drivers and
pilots alike will experience "seat of the pants" feedback from their
favorite simulation software like never before.

The height and angle of the GS-1 G-Seat is fully adjustable. The chair
is upholstered with a rubberized material that grips - helping
translate 100% of the chair feedback to the body of the user. The seat
frame is constructed from aluminum and steel. The seat upholstery and
powder-coated legs are available in multiple colors: black, red, blue,
green, or yellow. The seat provides mounting points for an optional
3-point harness. The GS-1 is powered by electric motors. Just plug
the chair into an electrical wall outlet and connect USB cable to a
computer. That's it! The chair is ready for software installation on
your computer.

UltraForce GS-1 G-Seats begin shipping in January 2007.
See the "Sneak Preview" product review in the December issue of
AutoSimSport - Available at:

www.autosimsport.net

Old December 14th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Osarenren

sounds interesting. but it looks uucking fgly

Old December 14th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Thanks!

Actually, that's just a picture of the current prototype on the web
site. There is a CAD rendering of the production model in the lower
left column. I think the production units look nicer. Pictures of a
production seat will be on the web site in a couple of weeks.

Pat Dotson

Old December 15th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

R wrote:
> Sounds extremely interesting, but the price seams way high at $3295 (US) .

The materials required to build the GS-1 G-seat are expensive. For
example, there are 14 individual motors driving the chair motion.
Metal costs for the steel and aluminum tubing are also very high right
now. I can't apologize for the price.

This is definitely a high-end product, but it delivers high-end
performance that isn't found anywhere else. I hope everyone will get a
chance to try it eventually to see what it does - and how well it
really works!

Pat Dotson

Old December 15th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"Osarenren" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> sounds interesting. but it looks uucking fgly

and a 10% downpayment of $360 bucks....... That would be a cost of over
$3,600US........A bit overprised for something that looks like a lawn chair.

Ed

Old December 15th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

OK, so not everyone is thrilled with the appearance of the prototype!

I can understand that. I'm a little surprised at the strong reaction,
though, since nobody complains much about the "T-slot" aluminum based
products out there. I'm sitting in that prototype as I type this, and,
honestly, I think it looks at least as good as some of the less
expensive race frames out there. So I'll concentrate on improving the
aesthetics of the production model.

The point, though, is not really the appearance of the product. Almost
everyone who has tried the prototype has uttered the words "awesome",
or "totally cool", or something similar within the first two minutes.
You literally feel what the car is doing underneath you. Weight
transfer, bumps and dips, curbs - it's all there, direct from the
simulation physics. You aren't going to get this kind of experience
out of a regular race frame, even with a "bass shaker" or some other
vibration based enhancement. The experience this seat provides
requires some expensive component hardware.

Thanks, and keep the comments coming!

Pat Dotson

Old December 15th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

What is the IETAG.dll that your site is trying to feed me, pdotson?

I cannot seem to figure out how this chair moves? you moving all of the
little pads on it?

enlightened us with:

Old December 15th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Osarenren

I agree that some t-slot alum is not as pleasing to the eyes as some
of the awesome woodframes poPing up on rscnet lately. but they are
extremely functional and upgradeable. I use a frex now and the only
reason for updating it would be to get a better looking, if less
adjustable, wood cockpit.

I think the coMents are just based on initial reaction to the looks. in
b this genre, aesthitics as well as functionality are applauded. people
want something that looks like it came out of a race car for that
immersion factor.

I would also like to know. does the whole chair move like frex
simconmotion, or is it just the motors a like i-vibe. the i-vibe has 6
motors and is $259 but I don't think they actually move, just vibe..

seat back adjustment 1988 V8 model [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 March 9th 06 06:53 PM
Airbag light and thet Passenger Seat J Strickland BMW 3 August 15th 05 04:28 PM
Seat Back Twisted SteveG BMW 2 May 22nd 05 06:04 PM
Broken Seat release lever 3 Dr VW Golf [email protected] VW water cooled 0 April 6th 05 05:31 PM
2001 Accord Coupe Seat Covers scobby Honda 0 December 7th 04 07:53 PM