41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

Old January 10th 09, 07:00 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech

Default 41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

So who still wants a Prius?

"The hybrid system for the Fusion and Milan hybrids supports operation
in all-electric mode at speeds of up to 47 mph; a smaller, lighter
NiMH high-volt battery has greater charge capacity and range than the
previous generation battery. The hybrids have a range of more than 700
miles of city driving on a single tank of gas."

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2008...ord-fusio.html

"With those numbers, the Fusion Hybrid will be America's most fuel
efficient mid-size car, topping its chief competitor -- the Toyota
Camry Hybrid -- by 8 mpg in the city and 2 mpg on the highway."

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradv...ry-hybrid.html

Old January 10th 09, 10:49 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Jeff[_45_]

On Jan 10, 2:43*pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> wrote:
> > So who still wants a Prius?

> People who want a car that's comfortable, that works well for a long
> time, that isn't kludgy, and that is backed by a company that doesn't
> say "**** you, you bought it, now it's your problem" after the sale?
>
> I'd give up a mile per gallon for that.

Well, you get with the Fusion Hybrid. thanks Ford. And you get more
efficency than the Accord.
Old January 10th 09, 11:20 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Fred[_14_]

Glad to see Ford is working on this. I wouldn't want
a Prius if you gave it to me.

Old January 10th 09, 11:38 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Cathy F.[_6_]

> wrote in message
> So who still wants a Prius?

Me. It's a proven winner; until other vehicles hit its level of high marks
from owners, I want a Prius.

Cathy

Old January 11th 09, 01:55 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Art[_1_]

The Fusion is based on a Mazda and Volvo platform. Wonder what happens when
Ford sells those brands. Otherwise it seems like quite a nice car and the
hybrid an excellent value.

Old January 11th 09, 04:41 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
sharx35

"Cathy F." > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> So who still wants a Prius?

> Me. It's a proven winner; until other vehicles hit its level of high
> marks from owners, I want a Prius.
>
> Cathy

It was a false rumour that Priuses have a built in vibrator.

Old January 11th 09, 11:29 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
57states

Buy a prius and make a fashion statement, oh so cool baby.

Old January 11th 09, 11:30 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
57states

In article >,
Roger Blake > wrote:

> On 2009-01-10, Cathy F. > wrote:
> > Me. It's a proven winner; until other vehicles hit its level of high marks
> > from owners, I want a Prius.

> If someone gave me one of those pregnant roller skates I'd give it back.

A tomato can on wheels.
Old January 11th 09, 07:18 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Actually the Fusion was a Ford designed chassis, first used by Mazda.

Old January 11th 09, 07:39 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Wanna bet? Apparently you have not owed a Ford lately. The very first
Mercury Milan was sold was to a Camry owner. Seems his was far from home
and tranny blew on the interstate. He had the car towed to dealer that
sold Toyota and Lincoln/Mercury.

He was told by the Toyota tech it was shot and they could have a new one in
four or five days. Because his Camry was over the mileage it would be at
his expense.

The Toyota salesman tried to get him to trade his Camry and a new Camry.
While he was on the lot looking at the Camry they were unloading their first
Milan. He asked what is was. He took a test ride and drove home with a V6
Milan for around $6,000 less than an another V6 Camry. The salesman said
it was the first time he ever sold a car of the truck