SEGA Racing Studio *hints* at bringing back Daytona USA

Old February 25th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.autos.simulators,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid Mach 2.5[_2_]

Default SEGA Racing Studio *hints* at bringing back Daytona USA

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...4&postcount=73

Jarrod wrote
QUOTE:
"In the new Edge, there's a pretty good interview with the director
for the new SEGA Racing Studio... not only did it somewhat dispell my
fears about Sega Rally Revo (it's going to be a purebred AC racer,
lots of ephasis of Blue-Sky classic SEGA AC aesthetic, handling
largely modeled off SR1) but the guy also hinted at what the studio's
next project might be... and (surprisingly) a Daytona revival was one
of the possibilities mentioned."

this revelation sent me for a loop! There has not been even a hint of
a new Daytona USA, since 2001-2002, when Daytona USA 3 was listed as a
Dreamcast game, canceled, then got re-rumored as a NAOMI 2 arcade
game, then got re-rumored again as 'Daytona LIVE' for the Xbox-based
Chihiro arcade hardware and linked to an Xbox home console version,
which never happened.

this time, I hope it happens for real, on an Xbox 360-based arcade
board for arcades, or at least, as a console-only release with lag-
free local area networked gameplay as an option
(XBL-only would not be good enough, too much lag)....

Most importantly, new tracks that are designed as brilliantly as the
original 1994 Model 2 arcade Daytona USA.

of course, any new Daytona USA would have to be combined with included
ports of Model 2 Daytona USA,
Model 3 Step 2 Daytona USA 2: Battle On The Edge and Power Edition,
all unchanged, unaltered from their original arcade incarnations.

I don't know how much longer I can take the torment of not having
PROPERLY done ports of Daytona USA and its sequel at home.

come on SEGA. for ****s sake, I'd even buy a ****ing PS3 just for
this if I had to.

Old February 25th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.autos.simulators,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid Mach 2.5[_2_]

On Feb 25, 7:35 pm, furious gibbon > wrote:
> i'd pay more money than i should for a proper non-tarted-up version of
> the original model 2 daytona usa.. but then again it would probably
> stink without the solid wheel from the arcade cabinet... logitech g25 maybe?
>
> i just love those old chunky polygons, i'd own a twin machine if they
> weren't still taking the coins in pubs everywhere (and if i had the
> space for them).. i've been to arcade game auctions, they still fetch
> multiple thousands of dollars, even for a poor abused unit... how many
> games from 1994 are people still willing to pay $1-$2/play (australian)
> for a ~2 minute go? it's crazy
>
> daytona 2001 just didn't cut it, twitchy and smoothed over, but i think
> it's as good as we'll get

my thoughts exactly. wow, a real Daytona fan.

Old February 25th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.autos.simulators,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
BelPowerslave

> come on SEGA. for ****s sake, I'd even buy a ****ing PS3 just for
> this if I had to.

Christ, if you're going to spend that kind of money, just buy a used
Daytona cabinet...

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Question: What is Web 2.0?
Answer: Web 2.0 is a combination of Web 1.0 and being punched in the dick."
- The Hogosphere, Something Awful
Old February 25th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.autos.simulators,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid Mach 2.5[_2_]

On Feb 25, 3:01 pm, BelPowerslave > wrote:
> > come onSEGA. for ****s sake, I'd even buy a ****ing PS3 just for
> > this if I had to.

> Christ, if you're going to spend that kind of money, just buy a usedDaytonacabinet...
>
> Bel

'
Daytona USA twin cabs range from $1400 ~ $2400 when available.

Old February 26th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.autos.simulators,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
BelPowerslave

AirRaid Mach 2.5 wrote:
> On Feb 25, 3:01 pm, BelPowerslave > wrote:
>>> come onSEGA. for ****s sake, I'd even buy a ****ing PS3 just for
>>> this if I had to.

>> Christ, if you're going to spend that kind of money, just buy a usedDaytonacabinet...
>>
>> Bel

> '
> Daytona USA twin cabs range from $1400 ~ $2400 when available.

<doink>

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"It's at times like these the great heaven knows
That we wish we had not so many clothes."
- Adam Ant, Strip

Old February 28th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.autos.simulators,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Phillip J. Fry

On Feb 25, 4:09 pm, "AirRaid Mach 2.5" > wrote:
> On Feb 25, 3:01 pm, BelPowerslave > wrote:> > come onSEGA. for ****s sake, I'd even buy a ****ing PS3 just for
> > > this if I had to.

> > Christ, if you're going to spend that kind of money, just buy a usedDaytonacabinet...

> > Bel

> '
> Daytona USA twin cabs range from $1400 ~ $2400 when available.

At this point in time you'd be getting more value for your money with
the Daytona USA twin cabs

Old March 2nd 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.games.video.sega,rec.games.video.classic,rec.autos.simulators,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Air Raid

On Feb 28, 12:48 am, "Phillip J. Fry" >
wrote:
> On Feb 25, 4:09 pm, "AirRaid Mach 2.5" > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 25, 3:01 pm, BelPowerslave > wrote:> > come onSEGA. for ****s sake, I'd even buy a ****ing PS3 just for

> > > Christ, if you're going to spend that kind of money, just buy a usedDaytonacabinet...

> > > Bel

> > '
> > Daytona USA twin cabs range from $1400 ~ $2400 when available.

> At this point in time you'd be getting more value for your money with
> the Daytona USA twin cabs

I cannot disagree with that :}