Interstate 80 in Reno; Sierra Nevadas

Old March 15th 08, 02:06 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Luxury Yacht

Default Interstate 80 in Reno; Sierra Nevadas

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message

> Which reminds me, other than "something Carl made up to irk English
> speaking strangers online worldwide" (paraphrased) I still haven't gotten
> a clear answer on what "viatologist" is suppose to mean. Anybody know?

Ahhhh, glasshoppah, you have divined the true meaning of 'viatologist.'
Only by by remembering that Carl has this for his underlying motive for many
things will you find inner peace.

That, and he's always trolling for site hits to get his hit count up.

--
Don't forget to have your troll spayed or neutered

Old March 15th 08, 06:35 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Jon Morse

Scott in SoCal wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:01:35 -0700, Garth Almgren >
> wrote:
>
>> Around 3/14/2008 6:08 PM, Carl Rogers wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Viatologists,
>>>
>>> As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80 (...including former
>>> US Federal Route 40 and the Lincoln Highway),

>> And by "former" I take it you mean that it's back to being a regular US
>> Route instead of a non-existent US Federal Route? Please clarify.
>>

>>> The Worldwide Highway Library, the *first* viatologist's website

>> and the *only* one, for that matter...
>>

>> Which reminds me, other than "something Carl made up to irk English
>> speaking strangers online worldwide" (paraphrased) I still haven't
>> gotten a clear answer on what "viatologist" is suppose to mean. Anybody
>> know?

> The full etymology (or is that entomology?) is he

> or
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc....f7b0244d?hl=en

My favorite part of that: "The term "via" refers to one of the earliest
highways in western history, the Appian Way (Via Appia)." Or, you know,
it could "refer" to itself, what with "via" just being the Latin word
for "road" or "street" (and surviving as the Italian word for street).
What a pompous ass; he actually thought he was being clever here.

In light of that, I was surprised that in the discussion of previous
uses of the term nobody mentioned James Lin's old link site from before
the turn of the century: ViaGuide (later AboutVia, which is still
accessible although not updated in years).

--
Jon Morse
Herndon, VA
Old March 17th 08, 07:33 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Gary V

On Mar 14, 9:08*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:

> You may notice this file's in the temp directory. *What does that
> mean? *Well, all files in the "temporary" directory get purged after
> several days. *

Could you possibly move all of WHL to this purging temp directory?
Old March 17th 08, 08:02 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> As a well-sought destination along Interstate 80

Never mind this stupid West Coast stuff. How about a nice picture of a cow
path in Tennessee? That's more important than irrelevant Western stuff.

Reno, NV, USA video Carl ROGÉRS Driving 0 March 21st 07 02:22 PM
Sierra down? Fritz Simulators 8 February 5th 06 08:30 PM
Are my shocks bad on my 99 GMC sierra? [email protected] 4x4 2 September 8th 05 03:41 PM
Sierra jwilson54 Simulators 2 June 22nd 05 09:47 PM
97 GMC Sierra misfire zman13 4x4 0 March 31st 05 05:21 AM