Tips on buying a Convertible Corvette

Old September 24th 07, 03:57 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
cmaciel

Default Tips on buying a Convertible Corvette

Hello,
I am in search of a yellow convertible C5, 2001 to 2003, low
mileage. From the searches I did, it'll cost around 35 thousand in
general. Since I've never had a Corvette, I would like to get some
feedbacks on what to look when evaluating an used Corvette. Things
like problems that are well known for these years, normal wear
conditions that had to be verified, and any other tip that would help
in selecting a good car.
Thanks for the help.
Regards
Cesar

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
-------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

Old September 24th 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
±© Flipper Mike ®³

cmaciel wrote:

> Hello,
> I am in search of a yellow convertible C5, 2001 to 2003, low
> mileage. From the searches I did, it'll cost around 35 thousand in
> general. Since I've never had a Corvette, I would like to get some
> feedbacks on what to look when evaluating an used Corvette. Things
> like problems that are well known for these years, normal wear
> conditions that had to be verified, and any other tip that would help
> in selecting a good car.
> Thanks for the help.
> Regards
> Cesar
>

> -------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
> ---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
> -------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

I have a 05 C-6 mill yellow conv. 2K miles PERFECT! never hit.
$56K. interested?
Old September 27th 07, 03:13 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dhouston

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:17:21 GMT, ±© Flipper Mike ®³
> wrote:

>cmaciel wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am in search of a yellow convertible C5, 2001 to 2003, low
>> mileage. From the searches I did, it'll cost around 35 thousand in
>> general. Since I've never had a Corvette, I would like to get some
>> feedbacks on what to look when evaluating an used Corvette. Things
>> like problems that are well known for these years, normal wear
>> conditions that had to be verified, and any other tip that would help
>> in selecting a good car.
>> Thanks for the help.
>> Regards
>> Cesar
>>

>> -------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
>> ---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
>> -------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------
>>

>I have a 05 C-6 mill yellow conv. 2K miles PERFECT! never hit.
>$56K. interested?

About 3 yrs old car at $56k.. exactly what comes with that car?
At that price couldn't he buy a NEW vette well equipped ?
Old September 27th 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

<dhouston> wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:17:21 GMT, ±© Flipper Mike ®³
> > wrote:
>
>>cmaciel wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I am in search of a yellow convertible C5, 2001 to 2003, low
>>> mileage. From the searches I did, it'll cost around 35 thousand in
>>> general. Since I've never had a Corvette, I would like to get some
>>> feedbacks on what to look when evaluating an used Corvette. Things
>>> like problems that are well known for these years, normal wear
>>> conditions that had to be verified, and any other tip that would help
>>> in selecting a good car.
>>> Thanks for the help.
>>> Regards
>>> Cesar
>>>

>>> -------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
>>> ---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
>>> -------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------
>>>

>>I have a 05 C-6 mill yellow conv. 2K miles PERFECT! never hit.
>>$56K. interested?

> About 3 yrs old car at $56k.. exactly what comes with that car?
> At that price couldn't he buy a NEW vette well equipped ?

For the convertible, he would start about there but could easily throw on
$6000 - $8000 in options. Outrageous, yes, but what isn't in GM's pricing,
like the $3300 AM-FM-CD + DVD option. (I can hear you - WHAT????)

However, as we all know, there are deals to be had and a bit of shopping, he
can be right there for a new one on a lot if he is willing to travel.

And when you think of it, buying a new one anywhere in the country is no big
deal. It isn't a gamble, it is a new car. You don't have to test drive it,
inspect it wit your mechanic, worry the water pump will blow out halfway
home, the transmission will burn up, or lots of things many worry about with
used cars.

And really, what an adventure. Buy a new Corvette in some place very
different (other side of the mountains for desert or flatland dwellers, in
Florida for very northern dwellers, Pacific NW for desert dwellers, and so
on) and get not only one great first ride, but get a chance to experience a
very different part of the country in your brand new Corvette.

It makes me wish I had $60,000 to go spend on a car right now.