No talk or verbal jabs about EA NSR since Nov /05 ? ? Come on guys i want to hear more

Old November 14th 05, 08:54 PM
Timbo

Default No talk or verbal jabs about EA NSR since Nov /05 ? ? Come on guys i want to hear more

hi everyone,,of course im new but just ,,"HAD TO JOIN EA NSR
CONVERSATION" pardon my typing method but what i have to say is more
important than proper english. i was searching google for ea setups
and some how ran across a feb of 05 verbal exchange on ea nsr,
hacks,files being manipulated ,racing online,the physics,mirror,etc
etc. im sorry the names escape me but you know who you are. what a
great debate,meaning that sincerely,i read the whole verbal sparring
match.probally took 20 min or so,,lol,,,so i joined your group and not
a post since then?? or did i miss it? i am a simple simmer from way
back,im 43,bought my first papyrus in 90? 91? i was cool...a compauq
computer that was not quite as good as my video card is now.,,lol,,,but
its true,,, always been a pappy supporter till my son bought me ea nsr
and now being on dial up i gave it a try just to play the ai.offline. i
agreed,laughed,snickered while disagreeing,withall the post and
opinions i was reading that i forgot i was looking for setups. where
you 2 or 3 gentleman hanging nowadays,i would enjoy talking about
anything concerning any racing sim. please contact me here or even at
thank you all and look foward to talking
to either or all.

Old November 14th 05, 09:17 PM
PlowBoy

Dude,

Story of EA's NSR, is to a point over, game set match...

the game was rehashed HEAT (or was it just old nascar thunder sorry right
now I have not the time to go google it) tracks, code, setups from the old
game worked in new game. Multiplay was ****, everyone familiar with heat,
hacked at the game as they did before. Everything was in anarchy online...

EA did nothing but lead everyone on that "this time by god we'll get nascar
right...' some will support EA by saying clever marketing practice, I mean
at no time did EA ever say they would not release the game as NSR05 as they
did, and then follow up by issuing patches through retail outlets in the
form of NSR06, 07, et all.

But then even that has not happened, so IMHO and prolly most in here, EA
crapped on the community, they didnt even grunt on this **** product, then
left.

Which is fine too, several other sim developers have stepped up to the
plate, with decent enough products since that debacle. BTW the
papyrus/sierra version of Nascar Racing 2003 is prolly still the best
'nascar' sim out there, and might be for a long time to come. I sure wish I
had bought all the copies I had in the bargain bin for 12 bucks, as I think
you can sell them easily for 70-90 bucks at the moment on ebay?

Timbo enlightened us with:

Old November 15th 05, 04:37 AM
Timbo

thats what i want to know about...never uninstalled 2003,,open wheel
mod,,,trans am mod,,,but i am living in the country now with dial up my
only option untill i see some ai action,attempts to pass,,,then i
playing ea,,,,,but PLEASE,,,explain yourself on the btw mod?,,,any
better ai play? thanks for ur reply

Old November 15th 05, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

No, no. There's a huge difference between EA's Nascar Sims (including 05)
and Nascar Heat.

Nascar Heat was a good sim and actually had some people who cared about it
involved, even to the point of posting/taking questions here in this
newsgroup.

NSR isn't/doesn't/won't.

-Larry

Old November 15th 05, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Haven't been any more postings about it because the game is dead. Of
the 1000 people who race online, 700 of them use N2003, the balance are
divided over the other two or three games. Don't think anyone is racing
EA NSR online much these days.

Old November 15th 05, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Larry,

somewhere inside the game, I cannot recall ini's or was it .plr files or
some ****, it still had comments sections marked nascar heat that is all I
was refering to about "rehashed Heat"

Larry enlightened us with:

Old November 15th 05, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Timbo enlightened us with:
> thats what i want to know about...never uninstalled 2003,,open wheel
> mod,,,trans am mod,,,but i am living in the country now with dial up
> my only option untill i see some ai action,attempts to pass,,,then i
> playing ea,,,,,but PLEASE,,,explain yourself on the btw mod?,,,any
> better ai play? thanks for ur reply

Timbo,

Sorry I am not sure what you are trying to say, BTW mod?

BTW usually means By The Way. there are what 5 or more mods for NR03, CTS,
BGN, TRans AM, TPTCC, Aerowar (1987's cars), plus I been hearing about the
LATE Models mod, v2 is out at www.latemodelproject.com. our league is going
to use it for a couple nights.

About only being on dialup, well that pretty much takes you out of multiplay
for sheesh I would say 99% of the games out there nowdays, except for about
any Pappyrus created-produced Sims. All of which (including NR03) I was
ulucky enough to only recently get Broadband into the area I live, so I
suffered through dialup at My league and sierra matchmaking lobbies without
too much trouble, but I had a really good external modem making the
connection. My pings were like 120-200 but I seldom just warped all over
the track like some do still today on BROADBAND lol...

All the newer tittles I guarantee you will be heavily hadicapped over dialup
with the bandwidth requirements to the server.

Old November 15th 05, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"PlowBoy" > wrote in

> Larry,
>
> somewhere inside the game, I cannot recall ini's or was it .plr files
> or
> some ****, it still had comments sections marked nascar heat that is
> all I was refering to about "rehashed Heat"

Nascar Heat was coded by Monster Games Inc.(MGI). Nascar Sim Racing
comes from ISI via Tiburion. Both MGI and Tiburion have hired ex Papyrus
employees.
NH's code base is Viper Racing. NSR's comes from SCGT via the ISI F1
titles.
I don't have NSR, I haven't poked around inside their text files, but
the fact there were text files says it's ISI and not MGI.
I'd be interested if anyone could dig up the text Larry was referring to,
not that I'm challenging him, but my curiosity has been picqued.<sp?>
dave henrie

Old November 15th 05, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Larry did not dig up the text. Plowboy did. Leave me outta this

Otherwise you are correct. MGI developed NH and Viper Racing, both very
good simulators.

Viper Racing was really astonishing for it's time, and still is in ways.

-Larry

. 97.136...

Old November 15th 05, 04:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

PlowBoy wrote:
> About only being on dialup, well that pretty much takes you out of multiplay
> for sheesh I would say 99% of the games out there nowdays, except for about
> any Pappyrus created-produced Sims. All of which (including NR03) I was
> ulucky enough to only recently get Broadband into the area I live, so I
> suffered through dialup at My league and sierra matchmaking lobbies without
> too much trouble, but I had a really good external modem making the
> connection. My pings were like 120-200 but I seldom just warped all over
> the track like some do still today on BROADBAND lol...
>
> All the newer tittles I guarantee you will be heavily hadicapped over dialup
> with the bandwidth requirements to the server.

Agreed that dial-up (I still use it) is a handicap, but he can still
race online if his latency is acceptable. My pings range anywhere from
160-220. 180 or below is my general standard. But my latency must be
pretty low, as I don't get many complaints about warping. Very few, in
fact (once again, depends on my connection to the server).

The only catch is that he'll need to race extremely clean and give other
drivers plenty of room. Even bump drafting has to be precisely
calculated, moreso than the broadband guys. Yet, if the host sees that
he is there to truly race, and race clean, they'll usually let the
dial-upper stay and play. Personally, I've only been ejected a handful
of times for not having broadband. 99% of the time it's a non-issue.

Adding to your last sentence, I agree whole heartedly. Granted, I
haven't gotten a new sim since NR2003 (shows how much I love it), but I
wouldn't even attempt online racing with the new stuff that's out simply
because the netcode isn't close to Papyrus standards.

-Will