Costco tires for GT

Old November 1st 05, 01:11 AM

Default Costco tires for GT

Need good all-season tires. Can someone advise from the following list
for the best option.

http://www.costco.com/Tires/SearchRe...cat=3962&MNo=0

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Old November 1st 05, 02:08 AM

wrote:

> Need good all-season tires. Can someone advise from the following list
> for the best option.

http://www.costco.com/Tires/SearchRe...cat=3962&MNo=0

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mark.

Tirerack.com.

Kumho Ecsta 712's in 245/45/17 will do the trick nicely. Lots of people
around here run the Kumho's with good success, a really good 'bang for
your buck' performance tire. I run them (245/40/17) on my cobra with
good success.

If you've got money to burn, buy the goodyear F1's.
Old November 1st 05, 02:23 AM

I just bought Kumho ECSTA ASX all-season radials at TireRack about 3
weeks ago. It rained today, and they seemed better than the BFG KDWS
tires they replaced. And they were cheaper--$102 apiece.

Duane

Old November 1st 05, 02:25 AM
Spike

On 31 Oct 2005 17:11:09 -0800, wrote:

>Need good all-season tires. Can someone advise from the following list
>for the best option.

http://www.costco.com/Tires/SearchRe...cat=3962&MNo=0

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Mark.

I've been very pleased with the BFGoodrich® g-Force T/A KDWS 245/45R17
--
Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Old November 1st 05, 02:45 AM
Gill

wrote:
> Need good all-season tires. Can someone advise from the following list
> for the best option.

http://www.costco.com/Tires/SearchRe...cat=3962&MNo=0

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mark.

I have the BFG KDWS in a 275 width and they grip the turns very well.
Can't say they don't go up in smoke with over 300RWTQ @ 3100rpms though.
They're good in the rain too. I'd like to try the KDs.

--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
With Bits and Pieces
Old November 1st 05, 04:24 AM
Richard

> wrote in message news:X6A9f.383527$tl2.125206@pd7tw3no...
> wrote:
>
> > Need good all-season tires. Can someone advise from the following list
> > for the best option.

http://www.costco.com/Tires/SearchRe...cat=3962&MNo=0

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mark.
> >

> Tirerack.com.
>
> Kumho Ecsta 712's in 245/45/17 will do the trick nicely. Lots of people
> around here run the Kumho's with good success, a really good 'bang for
> your buck' performance tire. I run them (245/40/17) on my cobra with
> good success.

You're not defining good success on snow or slippery surfaces are you? I'm
running Kumho Supra Ecstra 712's and my experience would tell me not to
drive in winter conditions. Now maybe his "all-season" location is in the
balmy south.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old November 1st 05, 01:52 PM
Rick Olive

Same here. Kumho's on my '03 Cobra vert are good tires wet and dry.
They're also cheap enough that I don't cringe when they 'mistakenly' get
burned off!