Clutch question

Old February 5th 05, 05:41 PM
Clap Trap

Default Clutch question

'82 CJ-8, 258, T-5. Other than taking it off and measuring it, is there
any way to know if it has a 10.5 or 11 inch clutch? When looking at the
catalogs to order a kit, I see an 11 inch for '80-86, a 10.5 for '80-81
and another 10.5 for '82-86. I don't know which to pick and I'd prefer
to order it and get it here before taking the old one out. (not to
mention avoiding return shipping charges - none of the local parts
stores carries them any more)

Old February 5th 05, 07:50 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It's an eleven inch: http://www.4x4unlimited.net/clutch.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 5th 05, 08:03 PM
Clap Trap

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
> It's an eleven inch: http://www.4x4unlimited.net/clutch.htm

How do you know it's 11? PS - The page you linked too doesn't even have
clutches on it. Just master cylinders, linkages, etc.

Old February 5th 05, 08:08 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Look again.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 5th 05, 09:20 PM
Rusted

My 83 CJ7, 258, T5 had an 11". When I was calling the checker, auto zone,
pep boys places they were confused. When I called a transmission shop they
were able to determine the right one, and gave an explanation that I can't
remember as to why it was not the smaller one. You may try a specially
store.

Old February 5th 05, 09:30 PM
Clap Trap

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
> Look again.

Would you like me to send you a screen shot of the page so you can look
again? No clutches anywhere on that page dude.

Old February 5th 05, 09:44 PM
Carl Saiyed

Clap-

Click the link. In the internet explorer menu, go to Edit, Find on this
page. Type in "Clutch".

It's down below.
HTH

Carl

Old February 6th 05, 12:08 AM
Clap Trap

Carl Saiyed wrote:
> Clap-
>
> Click the link. In the internet explorer menu, go to Edit, Find on this
> page. Type in "Clutch".
>
> It's down below.

No offence, but you guys must not be reading the same page I am.
There's a whole bunch of clutch related stuff there, but no *clutch* and
no pressure plate. There are bearing assemblies, master cylinders,
slave cylinders, forks, fork boots, and linkage parts. But not a single
*clutch* anywhere on that page.

Old February 6th 05, 01:13 AM
HomeBrewer

I think he is referring to the 6th and 7th items down the page under
"bearing assembly" - it says 10.50"

I just got a clutch for my 85 CJ7 with the 258 and t5 and it wa part #
MU1897 at Advance Auto Parts. It was $128.00 and I'm pretty sure it was a
10.5 inch disc.

--
___________________
HomeBrewer

Old February 6th 05, 01:17 AM
HomeBrewer

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDeta...=242&P TSet=A

I just researched the disc that came with my set and it is the Perfection
Hytest RCF484 Clutch disc and it's specs:
Remanufactured Clutch Disc; Cover Type: Borg & Beck; 10.4" Clutch, 10
Spline, 1 1/8" Hub
--
___________________
"HomeBrewer" > wrote in message
>I think he is referring to the 6th and 7th items down the page under
>"bearing assembly" - it says 10.50"
>
> I just got a clutch for my 85 CJ7 with the 258 and t5 and it wa part #
> MU1897 at Advance Auto Parts. It was $128.00 and I'm pretty sure it was a
> 10.5 inch disc.
>
> --
> ___________________
> HomeBrewer
> http://85cj7.blogspot.com/
> http://85cj7.webhop.net/
> http://funfacts.webhop.org/
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

C.R. Krieger, Clutch Question 432rew Audi 12 February 8th 05 07:40 PM
Question: Adjusting BBK Firewall Clutch adjuster?? XxJoSHiExX Ford Mustang 2 December 22nd 04 10:08 PM
Clutch Question??? [email protected] Technology 1 December 13th 04 05:16 PM
Clutch question XS11E Ford Mustang 8 December 9th 04 06:12 PM
e36 clutch pedal adjustment question P-u-h-e-k BMW 1 October 11th 04 11:41 PM