A Sign of the Times

Old August 23rd 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default A Sign of the Times

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Spotted on the street today: a vehicle in which EVERY occupant was
> talking on a cellular phone, all at the same time!

To each other? BTW..I've seen it with the only two people in the same
vehicle before/

Old August 24th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Scholnick

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
> (Brent P) said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>In article >, Scott en Aztlán
>>wrote:
>>> Spotted on the street today: a vehicle in which EVERY occupant was
>>> talking on a cellular phone, all at the same time!

>>To each other?

> That would be funny if they were all in a big conference call with each
> other!!
> --

I recently attended an event at the Hollywood Bowl. I parked in a remote
lot at the L.A. Zoo and took the shuttle bus to the Bowl.

The bus was filling up and one couple got on the bus as it was nearly full.
The only remaining seats were several rows apart. Given the choice between
one of them standing vs. both sitting, but apart from one another, they
chose to sit separately.

Not surprisingly(!), they continued their conversation via cell phone.