Break the SUVs Out of Storage: Gas Prices Plummet to Under $3.00/Gallon!!

Old June 20th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Break the SUVs Out of Storage: Gas Prices Plummet to Under $3.00/Gallon!!

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> WooHoo!! Top story on KTLA is an Arco station in Garbage Grove is
> selling regular for $2.999. The report includes the usual jubilant
> interviews with early-morning commuters who are gleefully filling
> their tanks.

Gas in Elizabeth City, NC was $2.68 yesterday. Lots od places under $2.75
around Raleigh.

Ed

Old June 20th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

C. E. White wrote:
> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> > WooHoo!! Top story on KTLA is an Arco station in Garbage Grove is
> > selling regular for $2.999. The report includes the usual jubilant
> > interviews with early-morning commuters who are gleefully filling
> > their tanks.

> Gas in Elizabeth City, NC was $2.68 yesterday. Lots od places under $2.75
> around Raleigh.
>
> Ed

Kirksville, MO: $2.639. Most places in the area ~2.69.

Old June 20th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> C. E. White said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> > WooHoo!! Top story on KTLA is an Arco station in Garbage Grove is
> > selling regular for $2.999. The report includes the usual jubilant
> > interviews with early-morning commuters who are gleefully filling
> > their tanks.

> Gas in Elizabeth City, NC was $2.68 yesterday. Lots od places under $2.75
> around Raleigh.

Same here is GA. Most stations here are ~$2.659 to to ~$2.719. Only a
few <cough> Exxon and Mobil </cough> are higher and then not by much.

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend admits to being a red light
runner:

"The cameras don't catch everyone. I have never been nailed for this."

Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 5/9/06
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/ee4wq
Message ID:
Old June 20th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> necromancer said in rec.autos.driving:
> > C. E. White said in rec.autos.driving:
> >
> > "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> > > WooHoo!! Top story on KTLA is an Arco station in Garbage Grove is
> > > selling regular for $2.999. The report includes the usual jubilant
> > > interviews with early-morning commuters who are gleefully filling
> > > their tanks.

> > Gas in Elizabeth City, NC was $2.68 yesterday. Lots od places under $2.75
> > around Raleigh.

> Same here is GA. Most stations here are ~$2.659 to to ~$2.719. Only a
> few <cough> Exxon and Mobil </cough> are higher and then not by much.

Update: I just got back from running some errands and saw $2.629 at a
Conoco stattion.

--

"My dash lights burned out years ago. Just
keep a cheapie flashlight on the seat."
Old June 21st 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:01:08 -0400, "C. E. White"
> > wrote:
>
> >Gas in Elizabeth City, NC was $2.68 yesterday. Lots od places under $2.75
> >around Raleigh.

> There have to be *some* compensations for living in less desirable
> areas of the country...

So what's the compensation for Souther California?

Ed

Old June 21st 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Scott en Aztlán said in rec.autos.driving:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:01:08 -0400, "C. E. White"
> > wrote:
>
> >Gas in Elizabeth City, NC was $2.68 yesterday. Lots od places under $2.75
> >around Raleigh.

> There have to be *some* compensations for living in less desirable
> areas of the country...

You think that $2.999/gallon for your gas is "compensation??"

--
necromancer

Self appointed unofficial overseer
of kooks and trolls in rec.autos.driving
and eternal roamer of the dark side of
usenet #6.659 (gas price of the beast).
Old June 21st 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

$2.75

> >> There have to be *some* compensations for living in less desirable
> >> areas of the country...

> >So what's the compensation for Souther California?

> Nice try, but the housing prices here are irrefutable proof of how
> desirable this area is. Nobody pays over a million dollars to live in
> a ********.

I always thought million dollar homes indicated a low intelligence level.
Unfortunately, the disease has spread across the country. Besides if home
prices indicate desirability, then I guess DC, New York, and Boston must be
very desirable.

Ed

Old June 22nd 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:

>>Scott en Aztlán said in rec.autos.driving:

>>There have to be *some* compensations for living in less desirable
>>areas of the country...

> You think that $2.999/gallon for your gas is "compensation??"

That's what I was wondering. Even 93 octane fuel here from the top tier
gas stations (like Shell and Chevron) hasn't been over $3 per gallon for
over a month here. Just yesterday I got Shell 93 octane fuel for $2.80
a gallon.
Old June 22nd 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:58:06 -0400, "C. E. White"
> > wrote:
>
> >> Nice try, but the housing prices here are irrefutable proof of how
> >> desirable this area is. Nobody pays over a million dollars to live in
> >> a ********.

> >I always thought million dollar homes indicated a low intelligence level.

> Why on earth would you think that? Around here that's a typical price
> for a 3000 square foot home in a decent neighborhood.
>
> >Besides if home prices indicate desirability

> What do you mean "if?" Desirability goes hand-in-hand with demand (as
> in Supply and Demand). If there is no desirability, high prices will
> not be paid. That's true for any good or service, not just houses.
> --
> What the heck, I'll play too.
> - Dave

The only reason someone is willing to pay a million for a small home on a
postage stamp size lot is because they figure some other idiot will
eventually be willing to pay even more for it. Ergo, they are idiots. If
people stopped buying houses as investments, and started buying them as
places to live and paying for them appropriately, million dollar homes would
disappear (well until inflation made burgers cost $15). I'll bet you know
childless couples that own 4,000+ square foot houses in desirable
neighborhoods - right? Why? Because they like paying to heat living space
they don't use? They like having to clean a big house? They like paying
high property taxes? They want to impress there friends? They want a big tax
deduction for mortgage interest? The real estate industry has sold Americans
on the idea that bigger is better and that housing prices will always go up.
At least for the last the last 10 years or so, housing prices have far
outstripped inflation. This is not a good thing for home owners who have not
cashed in yet. For the 20 year period before 1995, inflation adjusted
housing prices were virtually flat. Chances are, the prices will fall back
to this level in the near future. This doesn't necessarily mean that housing
prices will crash, more likely they will flatten out and let inflation do
its magic.

And don't forget that the eventually resolution of the transportation energy
problem will affect the value of homes. Even in my relatively wealthy area,
people are starting to cluster back inside the city.

Ed

Old June 22nd 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving