$1.99 brake calipers???

Old January 22nd 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default $1.99 brake calipers???

Shopping for rebuilt rear brake calipers for my 94 Volvo. There seem
to be plenty available, but some of the prices seem too low to
believe, such as this from Autozone:
CARDONE BRAKE CALIPER - REAR for a 1994 VOLVO 850
Unit Price: $58.99
Core Value*: $57.00
Part No.: 19-1708
Weight: 6.82 lbs.
Warranty: LLT

After returning the core, the price to me is only $1.99. This is hard
to believe. Is there some hidden cost they're not telling me about?

Also, some are listed as "loaded" Does this mean they come with the
pads?

(Never had to replace any parts yet that had a core return..)

--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
Old January 22nd 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:25:38 -0500, Doug Warner
> wrote:

>Shopping for rebuilt rear brake calipers for my 94 Volvo. There seem
>to be plenty available, but some of the prices seem too low to
>believe, such as this from Autozone:
>CARDONE BRAKE CALIPER - REAR for a 1994 VOLVO 850
>Unit Price: $58.99
>Core Value*: $57.00
>Part No.: 19-1708
>Weight: 6.82 lbs.
>Warranty: LLT
>
>After returning the core, the price to me is only $1.99. This is hard
>to believe. Is there some hidden cost they're not telling me about?

They will cost you each $58.99 + $57.00 = $115.99 with $57.00 to be
refunded when you return the core.

>Also, some are listed as "loaded" Does this mean they come with the
>pads?

Yes -- if you can call them that. Autozone is crap by and large.

Old January 22nd 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

In article >,
Doug Warner > wrote:

> Shopping for rebuilt rear brake calipers for my 94 Volvo. There seem
> to be plenty available, but some of the prices seem too low to
> believe, such as this from Autozone:
> CARDONE BRAKE CALIPER - REAR for a 1994 VOLVO 850
> Unit Price: $58.99
> Core Value*: $57.00
> Part No.: 19-1708
> Weight: 6.82 lbs.
> Warranty: LLT
>
> After returning the core, the price to me is only $1.99. This is hard
> to believe. Is there some hidden cost they're not telling me about?
>
> Also, some are listed as "loaded" Does this mean they come with the
> pads?
>
> (Never had to replace any parts yet that had a core return..)

The core charge is on top of the price of the part.
You will be charged:
Unit price $58.99
Core charge $57.00
Sub total $115.99

You will be refunded $57.00 when you return a rebuildable core to
the place of purchase.
Old January 22nd 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

aarcuda69062 > wrote:

>The core charge is on top of the price of the part.
>You will be charged:
>Unit price $58.99
>Core charge $57.00
>Sub total $115.99

D'OH! I must be sleeping.. The core charge is added to the price, not
included..

E30 front brake calipers keith BMW 0 January 11th 06 04:01 AM
Can Rear Brake Calipers be rebuilt [email protected] Honda 1 October 6th 05 02:17 PM
Major Passat GLX brake issue DLG VW water cooled 0 August 20th 05 05:46 AM
Soft brake persists after Brake Fluid Flush. [email protected] Honda 12 June 18th 05 02:29 AM
Brake rotors already grooving [email protected] Technology 46 January 15th 05 04:42 PM