Just back from the Doctor Shop

Old November 5th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bob Hoover

Default Just back from the Doctor Shop

.....where I took on-board a liter of Bone Juice.

Doing in Old Tumors:

X-radiation breaks it up. 'orrible two weeks, Vampires sample your
blood, which is made up of all kinds of different cells: Red,White,
and a few in between. And the non-cells, to. You may not know it but
you've got plasmas and 'Plasma Juice' roaming around inside you that
serve as carriers for all sorts of chemicals. Some plasma-stuff only
picks up certain proteins and carries it to certain places. Sometimes
they pick up TUMOR STUFF. Sometimes that's good an' sometimes it's
not. The Vampires tell you how things are doing.

Right now, they say I'm doing rather well. Except that the main
damage -- creating a large, self-reproducing tumor has already
happened.

X-rays have killed off most oft those Bad Carriers, leaving lotsa
holes in my bones, which the surviving Tumor Stuff is trying to fill
up. So they plug a jug of Anti-Tumor Stuff into my arm and let it go
to town. They did the same last week. And the week before that.
The Bad Carriers have mostly died off... they can't live very long
without being attached to some kind of Tumor Stuff. There's good
Tumor Stuff as well as bad. The X-rays took care of killing off most
of the Bad Carriers and after this amount of time, there simply isn't
enough of them left to cause me much trouble. The Vampires know.
Their chemical tests are a means of keeping score. Which is in my
favor for the moment.

Every week the chemists look at the charts from the Vampires and work
out the correct balance of newt eyes and frog's toes and mix it up
with Sterile Water and lock me in a room with a group of other people
having Cancer for their middle name and we sit there and chat about
our grand-kids and the elections and why the Sky is Blu whilst our
specially formulated dose of Anti Bad Carrier Juice drips into us,
giving it that fabled Stiff Upper Lip that's supposed to reserved for
the Brits but which gets a good run for its money from Hispanics and
Hawaiians and Navajos and every other kind & shape of Human Beings you
can think of in this curious experiment called America.

When the bottle runs dry a beeper goes off and they give the rest of
a brave little smile and go back to Life, as we Know It and someone
else takes their place. Paul was there today. He's a real hoot; I
steal a lot of material from Paul, like the one about a Baptist
minister and a Mormon Bishop and a Jewish rabbi walk into a gay bar
and start talking about their kids. The Baptist minister says,
"Thelma and I have been married 34 years now and we've got six grand-
children,"and the Mormon Bishop says, "That's nothing. "Me an my Judy
have got eight grand-children," and the Rabbi knocks back his drink,
looks at his watch and says, "Sorry fellas but I think I'm in the
wrong joke."

You can't grow new bone after the cancer has chewed it up but you
strengthen the matrix that is left. The stuff in the IV is designed
to strengthen the remaining bone; to provide a stronger foundation.
Each week the formula changes bit by bit, using data from the Vampires
to adjust the recipe. The Boss Chemist is an attractive physician in
her mid-40's who looks over my paper work and nods. "Doing pretty good
there, aren't we," before stabbing me in the arm, a stab that didn't
hurt at all, thanks to that simple observation. Hell YES I'm doing
pretty good there!.

Joking aside, the signs are positive. I'm weak as kitten but I'm
holding my own against this thing. I'm not beating it but at least
for now, it's not making any progress against me.

Little by little.

-Bob Hoover
Old November 5th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Endeavor to persevere!
Hang in there Bob!
Need some garlic or wooden stakes? 8^o
later,
One out of many daves

Old November 5th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Bob Hoover" > wrote in message

> Little by little.
>
> -Bob Hoover

excellent news, Bob.... thanks for keeping us up-to-date...

Old November 5th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Bob Hoover wrote:

> Joking aside, the signs are positive. I'm weak as kitten but I'm
> holding my own against this thing. I'm not beating it but at least
> for now, it's not making any progress against me.
>
> Little by little.
>
> -Bob Hoover

Good to hear the vampire(lla)s are on top of things.

Just remember; to get a pretty nurse, one must be patient
Old November 5th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Scott H[_2_]

"Bob Hoover" wrote
> [...]
> looks at his watch and says, "Sorry fellas but I think I'm in the
> wrong joke."
>
> You can't grow new bone after the cancer has chewed it up but you
> strengthen the matrix that is left. The stuff in the IV is designed
> to strengthen the remaining bone; to provide a stronger foundation.
> Each week the formula changes bit by bit, using data from the Vampires
> to adjust the recipe. The Boss Chemist is an attractive physician in
> her mid-40's who looks over my paper work and nods. "Doing pretty good
> there, aren't we," before stabbing me in the arm, a stab that didn't
> hurt at all, thanks to that simple observation. Hell YES I'm doing
> pretty good there!.
>
> Joking aside, the signs are positive. I'm weak as kitten but I'm
> holding my own against this thing. I'm not beating it but at least
> for now, it's not making any progress against me.

Keep on keepin' on, Bob.
Carolina prayers still going out for you here.

--
Scott

Old November 5th 08, 08:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
none

I'm glad you'r not letting that tumor stuff get ahead of itself !

oh - and there is a positive that YOU dont see .....

WE get to see a lot more of you

Hang in there Bob

Rich (Tricky)
Old November 6th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mark Dunning

"Bob Hoover" > wrote in message
> [...]
> looks at his watch and says, "Sorry fellas but I think I'm in the
> wrong joke."
>
> You can't grow new bone after the cancer has chewed it up but you
> strengthen the matrix that is left. The stuff in the IV is designed
> to strengthen the remaining bone; to provide a stronger foundation.
> Each week the formula changes bit by bit, using data from the Vampires
> to adjust the recipe. The Boss Chemist is an attractive physician in
> her mid-40's who looks over my paper work and nods. "Doing pretty good
> there, aren't we," before stabbing me in the arm, a stab that didn't
> hurt at all, thanks to that simple observation. Hell YES I'm doing
> pretty good there!.
>
> Joking aside, the signs are positive. I'm weak as kitten but I'm
> holding my own against this thing. I'm not beating it but at least
> for now, it's not making any progress against me.

YAY! Prayers get answered!

Good on ya and the medical whiz kids!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!

Mark

Old November 6th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 5, 5:38*pm, "Mark Dunning" > wrote:
> [...]

> > Each week the formula changes bit by bit, using data from the Vampires
> > to adjust the recipe. *The Boss Chemist is an attractive physician in
> > her mid-40's who looks over my paper work and nods. "Doing pretty good
> > there, aren't we," before stabbing me in the arm, a stab that didn't
> > hurt at all, thanks to that simple observation. *Hell YES I'm doing
> > pretty good there!.

> > Joking aside, the signs are positive. *I'm weak as kitten but I'm
> > holding my own against this thing. *I'm not beating it but at least
> > for now, it's not making any progress against me.

> > Little by little.

> > -Bob Hoover

> YAY! Prayers get answered!
>
> Good on ya and the medical whiz kids!
>
> Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
>
> Mark

> ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

"Medicos Discover JB Weld! Film at Eleven!"

Max
Old November 7th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bob Hoover

> Illegitimi Non Carborundum!

Yo, Mark!

Did I tell you the books arrived? No? Well... the Books Arrived!
Thank you.

I usta have the other 19 Military Latin phrases that we'd have
engraved in the plaque we'd make up for guys being transferred.
Looked neat as the dickins, hanging there on your Trophy Wall

Drove the troops crazy, requiring them to learn a Phrase of the Week
(when pullling duty in a foreign country) or Military Latin for State-
side duty. Plus the WORDS to popular tunes...

"Hey Chief! Why do we have to learn this Censored?"

"Because, Young Man, one day you too will become a cheap, petty
officer. And you will need to know the words any time you're invited
to partake at the NCO club of a Foreign Nation, such as the Air Farce,
Maurine Corps or Army... which is why you WILL learn these words and
other necessary things to insure your survival. Fer example, it is
NOT 'Anchors Away My Boys,' which anyone can see would be incorrect in
that the anchor might be 'aweigh' but never Away. And it isn't
'Anchors away' any way because the proper name of that particular
ditty is 'Farewell to College Days' (which you damn well better
know... because buying a round at a well populated NCO club can run
you over a hundred bucks, easy.)

So remember that. And the fact that NCO's are the backbone of every
branch of the military, in that they fill all of the Middle Manager
positions and do a damn fine job of it, too. And do so for less than
half the lolly of their civilian counterparts.

(Among things never to be forgotten: When riding Space A and getting
a slot on a C-5A, asking the Plane Captain if the 'skipper' would let
you come up front and drive the thing for a while. [Come on! How hard
can it be?])

-Bob Hoover
-who had a VERY nice nice report from the Vampire Shop today.
-and is deeply appreciative of the box of books.

Old November 7th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Bob Hoover" > wrote in message
> -Bob Hoover
> -who had a VERY nice nice report from the Vampire Shop today.

wonderful!

Should I take this back to the shop? Serpentine belt - 98 Caravan dke3591 Dodge 0 June 6th 08 05:39 PM
97 jetta 4cyl 2.0- back from the shop today but oil pressure issuestill present. advice needed! Leftoverair VW water cooled 11 March 8th 08 11:05 PM
Car Doctor or Auto Doctor No Name Technology 2 March 1st 07 01:29 PM
Doctor Stoneman Driving 0 April 29th 06 08:30 PM
is there a doctor in this group ? frischmoutt BMW 12 February 17th 06 09:17 PM