Desperate Ford Runs Fictional Ad For That Rattletrap Mustang

Old December 3rd 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets

Default Desperate Ford Runs Fictional Ad For That Rattletrap Mustang

Cobra "blowing away" Ferraris and Porsches on the autobahn in
Germany....

You can have all of the HP you want, YOU STILL NEED TO ADDRESS
POWER/WEIGHT, AERODYNAMICS, HANDLING & BRAKING. Detroit always FAILS
MISERABLY at all four.

This is why a) this ad is based on fiction

b) America STILL cannot build real sports cars

c) YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. A $28,000 Ford is only
as good as a $28,000 car can be.

Stop trying to pretend you're getting "value". It does NOT EXIST when
you try to compare European or Japanese sports cars to the wannabe crap
Detroit churns out every year.

If you are a NASCAR, pls disregard-- as this is WAY over your heads.

Old December 3rd 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
Rich - ® ©

> wrote in message
> Cobra "blowing away" Ferraris and Porsches on the autobahn in
> Germany....
>

> You can have all of the HP you want, YOU STILL NEED TO ADDRESS
> POWER/WEIGHT, AERODYNAMICS, HANDLING & BRAKING. Detroit always FAILS
> MISERABLY at all four.
>

> This is why a) this ad is based on fiction
>
> b) America STILL cannot build real sports cars
>
> c) YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. A $28,000 Ford is only
> as good as a $28,000 car can be.
>
> Stop trying to pretend you're getting "value". It does NOT EXIST when
> you try to compare European or Japanese sports cars to the wannabe crap
> Detroit churns out every year.
>
> If you are a NASCAR, pls disregard-- as this is WAY over your heads.

What does this have to do with alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets?

Old December 3rd 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
Jim Warman

Ads are ALL based on "hype".... the great dream....

Much like Big Macs "taste good"

Much like "tatses like delivery"

Much like your deodorant makes you a chick magnet....

Without marketing hype, we would all have to base our experience on <GASP>
what we like rather than what we think other people would like us to
like....

It's a frickin' advertisement ferkrissakes....take that cucumber out of your
pocket and buy a new Mustang.

If the styling isn't to your liking (and here's a little secret) buy
something else.....

Old December 3rd 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

wrote:

Gosh, we haven't seen one of these posts in ages! And from someone who
has at least some entry-level automotive knowledge & writing skills,
then they used a very eye-catching thread title, caps for good effect,
PLUS they crossposted. Well done! Bravo! We'll give you a 7 out of
10 on the ol' meter.

> Cobra "blowing away" Ferraris and Porsches on the autobahn in
> Germany....

Lots of variables here. To name just three:

1) Model years of Porshes and Ferraris

I saw a [Magnum PI] Ferrari get shut down twice by a certain '87
5-liter LX. :-)

2) Start/end speeds of races

The GT500 is electronically limited to 160mph.

3) Drivers

Soft/slow shifting and starting a race in the wrong gear can make a big
difference.

> You can have all of the HP you want, YOU STILL NEED TO ADDRESS
> POWER/WEIGHT, AERODYNAMICS, HANDLING & BRAKING. Detroit always FAILS
> MISERABLY at all four.

Wild generalization. Hopefully this person will give us some examples
and comparisions.

> This is why a) this ad is based on fiction

> b) America STILL cannot build real sports cars

Corvette Z06
Dodge Viper
Ford GT

Detroit stacked up pretty well in a recent Road Track comparision with
some Europeon brands. And Detroit destroyed them when price was a
factor.

> c) YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. A $28,000 Ford is only
> as good as a $28,000 car can be.

But you got to love it when $28K (GT) or $40K Mustang (Shelby) smokes a
higher-priced performance car! Anyone got some stories to tell?

> Stop trying to pretend you're getting "value". It does NOT EXIST when
> you try to compare European or Japanese sports cars to the wannabe crap
> Detroit churns out every year.

Instead of a $25K Mustang GT you'd rather have a...? (Watch... if they
reply the answer will be a car with a price tag over $25K.)

> If you are a NASCAR, pls disregard-- as this is WAY over your heads.

The assumption NASCAR = Detroit or Mustang. Bad assumption. I for one
think NASCAR sucks! Plus, Toyota/Japan is going NASCAR.

Patrick
'93 Mustang

Old December 3rd 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
Bleeding Blue

And this was cross posted to the Giants NG because....?

--
NY Giants: Making every team better, one game at a time.
oups.com...

Old December 3rd 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets

Bleeding Blue wrote:
> And this was cross posted to the Giants NG because....?
>
> --
> NY Giants: Making every team better, one game at a time.
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Cobra "blowing away" Ferraris and Porsches on the autobahn in
> > Germany....
> >

> > You can have all of the HP you want, YOU STILL NEED TO ADDRESS
> > POWER/WEIGHT, AERODYNAMICS, HANDLING & BRAKING. Detroit always FAILS
> > MISERABLY at all four.
> >

> > This is why a) this ad is based on fiction
> >
> > b) America STILL cannot build real sports cars
> >
> > c) YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. A $28,000 Ford is only
> > as good as a $28,000 car can be.
> >
> > Stop trying to pretend you're getting "value". It does NOT EXIST when
> > you try to compare European or Japanese sports cars to the wannabe crap
> > Detroit churns out every year.
> >
> > If you are a NASCAR, pls disregard-- as this is WAY over your heads.

Don't forget the transmission. Americans always skimp on that, as
well.

You merely have to drive a Euro or Japanese sports car - not even at
high speed- to know the difference.

The problem is, these "buy-American" flag-waver types only drive
domestic (another reason that ad is laughable).

Old December 3rd 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
razz

A guy in my city has a 9 sec 5.0, and this pompous ****head in a 911 turbo
carrera said he can blow away any 5.0. WELL, needless to say after all they
chest pounding by the Porsche owner was over, they got down to racing. I
never saw a more redder face, when that 5.0 left the Porsche 2 car lengths
before the 911 even got rolling. Before you get your **** in a knot jap
boys, this 5.0 is also built for cornering and could quite possibly take him
on a circle track also.
ups.com...

Old December 4th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

Magazine racer, no doubt.

dwight

ups.com...

Old December 4th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
elaich

"Bleeding Blue" > wrote in
:

> And this was cross posted to the Giants NG because....?

Becuase the OP is an idiot?
Old December 4th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
dwight[_1_]

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Cobra "blowing away" Ferraris and Porsches on the autobahn in
> Germany....

It's painfully obvious from your post that you haven't gotten with 10 yards
of the new Mustang of any stripe.

It's also painfully obvious that you'd have no use for a performance
automobile, down on Christian Street in South Philly. You wouldn't know what
to do with a real car.

dwight