I got my 2nd speeding ticket. What should I do?

Old December 11th 04, 05:45 AM
Alexander Rogge

> :Speeding, by itself, isn't dangerous. Obviously!
> :But there are a lot of drivers out there who really don't understand
> :that speeding *can* be dangerous.
>
> If you mean "driving too fast for conditions", then yes.

There are a lot of them in the Any Lane At Any Speed category.
Old December 11th 04, 05:46 AM
Harry K

test

Old December 11th 04, 05:46 AM
Harry K

test

Old December 11th 04, 03:00 PM
Harry K

test

Old December 11th 04, 03:00 PM
Harry K

test

Old December 11th 04, 03:02 PM
Harry K

sorry for the delayed response. Just out of the hospital last evening.
Tried then but google was rejecting all posts. Hope this one goes.

So now you are trying to weasel the 'long open' into a discussion of
what is a safe speed?

As for your 'details' Who has the better ones, you with your
assertions or me with a map anyone can look at and know you are full of
it.

Oh yes, LOLO to be juvenile.

Harry K

Old December 11th 04, 05:39 PM
Carl Taylor

Christopher Green wrote:

> On 2 Dec 2004 20:35:39 -0800, (Bradley C)
> wrote:
>
> >I'm 22, Male, live in California, and I just earned a brand new
> >speeding ticket going 94 in a 65 on the 133-North toll road in

Orange
> >County. My first ticket was 13 months ago, which I took to Traffic
> >School and paid the $125 fine. I've done some of my homework; my

best
> >options are to go to court and request a continuance (hoping the cop
> >won't show next time), or go to Traffic School.
> >
> >I simply cannot afford the insurance, but please do not **** on this
> >thread with worthless trolling. I need practical advice, not "HURR
> >HURR DONT SPEED MORAN."

Unfortunately, that's the only good long-term advice you can be given.
You have to be accountable for your own actions and understand that
speed limits exist for more than revenue collection (it's tempting to
buy that lie because speeding can usually be done without major
incident). But don't let any of these overconfident drivers convince
you that speeding is "safe" just because it hasn't killed you already.

Physics ultimately dictates worst-case outcomes of speeding, not the
police and courts. It's up to you to be smart enough to understand the
difference between risk and getting away with something. You're at an
age where you should start to know better, assuming your I.Q. is at
least 100.

If you routinely drive 90+ MPH you've already had close calls with
death, even if they've been quickly forgotten, or have given you a
feeling of elation for surviving without a scratch. Those close calls
should never be ignored as flukes (foolish drivers are quick to do so).
This is what happens every day when a close call turns into a last
call:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...g+killed+crash
C.T.

http://www.geocities.com/aggressive_driving/

Old December 11th 04, 05:39 PM
Carl Taylor

Traffic Ticket in Toronto HDR BMW 17 December 7th 04 03:08 AM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
And I thought my ticket for 93 in a 40 limit was bad Rufio Corvette 2 September 26th 04 03:36 AM