Acclaim 3.0 Tune-up

Old November 30th 05, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Acclaim 3.0 Tune-up

I'm going to perform somewhat of a tuneup on my 1995 Acclaim 3.0.
Basically, I'm going to do the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor,
and fuel filter......I have a few questions:

1. What's the best way to get the plugs out? I have a good set of
Craftsman tools with different extensions and drives.....but i'm
worried about getting something to fit.

2. Any advice as to the best set of plug wires to buy? I'm going with
NGK plugs.....the last set of Bosch plugs I had were crap.

Thanks,

Joe

Old November 30th 05, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, jmcgill wrote:

> I'm going to perform somewhat of a tuneup on my 1995 Acclaim 3.0.
> Basically, I'm going to do the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor,
> and fuel filter.

You forgot the air filter, and you need to add the entire PCV system to
that list. There are TWO filters, a valve, and several hoses. It is
imperative that this system be kept in tip-top shape on the 3.0; it is one
of that engine's weak points, and when it becomes clogged, bad things
happen.

> 1. What's the best way to get the plugs out?

With an appropriately-sized spark plug socket on a suitable 3/8" drive
extension bar, with a flex joint if necessary.

> 2. Any advice as to the best set of plug wires to buy?

Depends if you want to replace them periodically or just buy them once.
The "Just buy them once" ones are Magnecor items, www.magnecor.com , but
they are not as cheap as parts store items. If you want parts store wires,
NGK makes good ones.

> I'm going with
> NGK plugs

Good choice.

> last set of Bosch plugs I had were crap.

There's a lot of that going around.