96 accord cooling fan

Old August 6th 05, 08:59 PM
Dukes88

Default 96 accord cooling fan

secondary cooling fan doesn't run anymore...Overheats during stop and go
traffic...any Ideas?

Old August 6th 05, 11:22 PM
remco

"Dukes88" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> secondary cooling fan doesn't run anymore...Overheats during stop and go
> traffic...any Ideas?

Check http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/overh...dex.html#nofan

Remco

Old August 7th 05, 04:56 AM
R. P.

"remco" > wrote:
> Check http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/overh...dex.html#nofan

Unfortunately that web page does not display right even in IE Ver. 6
SP2. It's full with "if" and "endif" source lines.

Rudy

Old August 7th 05, 01:33 PM
remco

"R. P." > wrote in message
> "remco" > wrote:
> > Check http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/overh...dex.html#nofan

> Unfortunately that web page does not display right even in IE Ver. 6
> SP2. It's full with "if" and "endif" source lines.
>
> Rudy

Yeah, I noticed that too just now - it was designed for IE6 and worked fine.
Wonder what's going on with that page..

Old August 8th 05, 12:05 AM
Sam Nickaby

"R. P." > wrote

> Unfortunately that web page does not display right even in IE Ver. 6
> SP2. It's full with "if" and "endif" source lines.

To web developers. Avoid using MSWord to create Webpages. They
aren't cross-browser compatible - can't even display on its own MS
browser. Here's a screen shot of the errors.

http://www.yourimg.com/?img=05/219/17/msword.gif

A quick Google search I find a place to design and copy and paste the
standardized source code into your site.

http://www.editlet.com/testdrive/dhtml/dhtml_test.htm#

Scroll down and click on Edit An Existing Web Page.

Old August 8th 05, 12:18 AM
Frank Boettcher

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:59:13 -0400, "Dukes88"
> wrote:

>secondary cooling fan doesn't run anymore...Overheats during stop and go
>traffic...any Ideas?

disconnect the fan then jump it directly to the battery. If it
doesn't turn your fan motor is cooked. If it is the radiator fan you
can get a motor for about $50. If it is a AC condensor fan I have
only been able to find a complete assembly about $120. Probably what
is wrong is the brushes are worn out, but I have yet to find any
replacements.

If it does turn you probably have a thermo/relay that is bad.
Old August 8th 05, 10:56 PM
Bruce

I just went through the same problem on my 90 civic ex. I read in
several threads that the motors are extremely robust and hardly ever
fail... stupidly I didn't test it before buying a new thermo switch.
Replaced the switch for $50 (and a face-full of coolant taking it out)
and fan STILL didn't work. Just ordered a replacement motor for $43.
Grrrrrrr....

Now I'll get the motor and the relay will be bad... as the saying goes,
If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.