The GT500 Super Snake Appears with 725HP!

Old April 28th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default The GT500 Super Snake Appears with 725HP!

The Super Snake packs 725 HP!

---
StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

< DISCUSS THIS ARTICLE HERE>

"My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build
better performing cars" said Carroll Shelby. "I told them that I
wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most
anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we're giving
enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance."

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford
Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine
package specifically for the car.

"Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and
Shelby Autos" said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance
Group. "The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower
levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and
then some ... in a uniquely Ford - Shelby way."

In 1967, Shelby American built one 427-powered GT500 "Super Snake" for
Mel Burns Ford. Carroll Shelby drove it at the Goodyear test track for
tire promotion film production. That car reached lap speeds of over
150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. The new Ford Shelby GT500 Super
Snake will be equally potent.

"The name 'Super Snake' is legendary because the one that Shelby built
was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967," added Amy Boylan, president
of Shelby Automobiles. "We're bringing that concept forward 40 years
for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We'll give their car
amazing new capabilities."

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package
which will include:
· Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over
600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
· 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
· Ford Racing performance exhaust system
· Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension
tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned
stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
· Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels
· Ford Racing short-throw shifter
· Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors
· Front brake cooling ducts
· Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design
· 'Shelby' lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
· 'Super Snake' vehicle badging
· Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats, and
other Shelby designed components
· Official Shelby CSM dash plate

In addition, while the full Super Snake package will be available
exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products
comprising the Super Snake package will be available from Shelby
Automobiles and Ford Racing starting in June.

About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in
Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles in 200
markets across six continents. With more than 280,000 employees and
more than 100 plants worldwide, the company's core and affiliated
automotive brands include Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mercury,
Volvo, Aston Martin and Mazda. The company provides financial services
through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding
Ford's products, please visit www.fordvehicles.com. For more
information regarding Ford Racing performance packs, visit www.fordracingparts.com.

About Shelby Automobiles, Inc.
Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc.,
manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products.
The company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the
427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company
has partnered with Ford Motor Company to build the Shelby GT, Shelby
GT500 and Shelby GT-H, which are based on the current Mustang. For
more information about Shelby Automobiles, visit www.shelbyautos.com.

http://www.insidedcx.com/
----

Patrick

Old April 28th 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

> wrote in message
oups.com...
The Super Snake packs 725 HP!

---
StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear axle?

Al

Old April 28th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_41_]

"Big Al" > wrote in news:4632e8e7$0$501$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
>
> ---
> StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
> Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
> 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
> coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
> to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
> will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
> Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
> the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.
>

> Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear

axle?

> Al

Not to mention the fact that the "limited" Super Snake is based on an
already "limited" Shelby. So once again, Ford teases the public with
something they'll never obtain.
Old April 28th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Apr 28, 1:35 am, "Big Al" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
>
> ---
> StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
> Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
> 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
> coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
> to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
> will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
> Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
> the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

> Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear axle?

Very good question, Al! I'm sure they'll have to go to the
aftermarket to get the tranny and the pieces to beef up the rear
axle.

Patrick

Old April 29th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 28, 1:35 am, "Big Al" > wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> >
> > oups.com...
> > The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
> >
> > ---
> > StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
> > Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
> > 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
> > coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
> > to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
> > will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
> > Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
> > the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

> > Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear axle?

> Very good question, Al! I'm sure they'll have to go to the
> aftermarket to get the tranny and the pieces to beef up the rear
> axle.
>
> Patrick

Does Ford sill put independent rear suspension in any new Mustang?

Al

Old April 29th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Big Al wrote:

> wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> >
>> > oups.com...
>> > The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
>> >
>> > ---
>> > StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
>> > Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
>> > 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
>> > coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
>> > to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
>> > will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
>> > Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
>> > the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

>> > Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear axle?

>> Very good question, Al! I'm sure they'll have to go to the
>> aftermarket to get the tranny and the pieces to beef up the rear
>> axle.
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> Does Ford sill put independent rear suspension in any new Mustang?

No.

They might have to soon though.

Old April 30th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
>
> ---
> StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
> Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
> 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
> coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
> to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
> will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
> Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
> the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.
>

> Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear axle?
>
> Al

Why wouldn't it use the same, perhaps only beefed up if necessary?

Nick

Old April 30th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Nicholas Anthony" > wrote in message

> "Big Al" > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
>>
>> ---
>> StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
>> Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
>> 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
>> coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
>> to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
>> will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
>> Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
>> the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.
>>

>> Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear axle?
>>
>> Al

> Why wouldn't it use the same, perhaps only beefed up if necessary?
>
> Nick

Beefed up how? You need bigger parts, axels bearings, housings, etc. if you
want to reliably deliver that kind of power...

Old April 30th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in message

>>> oups.com...
>>> The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
>>>
>>> ---
>>> StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
>>> Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
>>> 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
>>> coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
>>> to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
>>> will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
>>> Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
>>> the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.
>>>

>>> Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear axle?
>>>
>>> Al

>> Why wouldn't it use the same, perhaps only beefed up if necessary?
>>
>> Nick
>>

> Beefed up how? You need bigger parts, axels bearings, housings, etc. if
> you want to reliably deliver that kind of power...

I hate to answer a question with a question but how is it the Viper GTSR is
able to get away with it? The Viper's Borg-Warner T-56 six-speed is able to
hold up stock to the 650 or so hp/tq however a racing version of same tranny
is used to increase the performance even more. The rear is a Dana 60 with an
aluminum case.

Old May 1st 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> "Big Al" > wrote in news:4632e8e7$0$501$815e3792
> @news.qwest.net:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> The Super Snake packs 725 HP!
>>
>> ---
>> StangsUnleashed.com - Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford
>> Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of
>> 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500's into fire breathing "Super Snake"
>> coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements
>> to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power; tuning options
>> will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted).
>> Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at
>> the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.
>>

>> Wonderful. What are they going to use for a transmission and rear

> axle?
>> Al

> Not to mention the fact that the "limited" Super Snake is based on an
> already "limited" Shelby. So once again, Ford teases the public with
> something they'll never obtain.

Amen, Brother!