What Transmission and how to change fluid??? BMW 318

Old July 7th 08, 09:22 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
cbv8

Default What Transmission and how to change fluid??? BMW 318

Hi All,
Could anyone please help with the above question as i really want to
change the trans fluid asap thanks in advance :wink:

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Transmissi...ict247865.html
Old July 7th 08, 06:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
bfd

On Jul 7, 1:22*am, cbv8 > wrote:
> Hi All,
> Could anyone please help with the above question as i really want to
> change the trans fluid asap thanks in advance :wink:

It would help if you state whether you have a MANUAL or AUTOMATIC
transmission!
Old July 7th 08, 11:00 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"cbv8" > wrote in message
news:1205613_1442816319dc99b0c314014267285066@auto boardz.com...
> Hi All,
> Could anyone please help with the above question as i really want to
> change the trans fluid asap thanks in advance :wink:
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com
> interface
> Thread archive:
> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Transmissi...ict247865.html

It helps to know if you have a manual or automatic, and the model year.

I going to go out on a limb and assume you have an E36 with the manual
transmission. There is a plug on the bottom to drain the fluid, and another
on the side (passenger side for LHD) models that is the fill hole. Fill
until fluid pours out of the hole. The capacity should be 1 liter (1.1qt.)

(It does not seem logical to me, but the pictures in the manual make it
appear as if the automatic transmission is done the same way, but the
capacity is 1.2 liters (1.3 qt.))

Old July 21st 08, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
cbv8

Hi,
Thanks for the replies my car is a 2001 E46 318i se Steptronic Touring

Old July 29th 08, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Jul 21, 6:22*pm, cbv8 > wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the replies my car is a 2001 E46 318i se Steptronic Touring
>
> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>
> *> "cbv8" > wrote in message
> *>news:1205613_1442816319dc99b0c314014267285066@au toboardz.com...
> *> > Hi All,
> *> > Could anyone please help with the above question as i really
> *> want to
> *> > change the trans fluid asap thanks in advance :wink:
> *> >
> *> > --
> *> > Posted at author's request, using moderatedhttp://www.AutoBoardz.com
> *> > interface
> *> > Thread archive:
> *> >http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Transmissi...ict247865.html
> *>
> *>
> *> It helps to know if you have a manual or automatic, and the
> *> model year.
> *>
> *> I going to go out on a limb and assume you have an E36 with
> *> the manual
> *> transmission. There is a plug on the bottom to drain the
> *> fluid, and another
> *> on the side (passenger side for LHD) models that is the fill
> *> hole. Fill
> *> until fluid pours out of the hole. The capacity should be 1
> *> liter (1.1qt.)
> *>
> *> (It does not seem logical to me, but the pictures in the
> *> manual make it
> *> appear as if the automatic transmission is done the same way,
> *> but the
> *> capacity is 1.2 liters (1.3 qt.))

It is an automatic 318