Passed a cop today

Old December 8th 04, 08:51 PM
Ulf

Bill 2 wrote:
> In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
> highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so I
> went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

You must have passed a cop before, right?

Speaking of cops, I probably came close to getting a speeding ticket
last night. I was driving between 150-160 km/h in my BMW. Being a bit
suspicious when speeding I always check all vehicles around me to make
sure they're not cops. That's when I noticed a car with reflective text
on an on ramp about to enter the freeway behind me. As I look closer I
see something looking like a light bar on the roof too, so I ease off
the gas and slow down to about 120 km/h. Sure enough, as the car is
approaching from behind I see that's it really a cop car and drop my
speed to a legal 110 km/h. Then the cop passes me and I accelerate up to
about 140 km/h trying to keep up with him, but he's going faster,
probably around 160 km/h or so. Anyway, a little later I see flashing
blue lights on the shoulder, and it's the *same* cop who's pulled someone.

The question I asked myself was; how can cops going 50 km/h over the
limit pulling over drivers going maybe 30 km/h over the limit increase
safety? It doesn't make any sense...

Ulf
Old December 8th 04, 09:43 PM
Paul

"Ulf" > wrote in message

> The question I asked myself was; how can cops going 50 km/h over the
> limit pulling over drivers going maybe 30 km/h over the limit increase
> safety? It doesn't make any sense...

Because speed enforcement has nothing to do with safety and everything
to do with revenue generation for the thieving little juristictions that
practice it. Like the saying goes, "Just do as I say, don't do as I
do...."

--

Friends don't let friends shop at wal-mart or circuit city.

Old December 8th 04, 09:43 PM
Paul

Old December 9th 04, 05:50 PM
Robert Briggs

Paul wrote:
> Ulf wrote:
>
> > The question I asked myself was; how can cops going 50 km/h over the
> > limit pulling over drivers going maybe 30 km/h over the limit increase
> > safety? It doesn't make any sense...

> Because speed enforcement has nothing to do with safety and everything
> to do with revenue generation for the thieving little juristictions that
> practice it. Like the saying goes, "Just do as I say, don't do as I
> do...."

There is that, but there are plenty of reasons other than exceeding
the speed limit for a cop to pull a driver over, so, unless Ulf went
on to interview either the cop or the stopped driver, we can only
guess the reason for the stop.
Old December 9th 04, 05:50 PM
Robert Briggs

Old December 9th 04, 05:58 PM
Robert Briggs

truckinsp wrote:
> Bill 2 wrote:
>
> > In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
> > highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so
> > I went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

> If that's the most thrilling thing that happens in your day, I feel sorry
> for you.......

Indeed.

UK motorway cops often amble down the "slow" lane at 68 mph.

The sheeple then get into formation behind.

What do I do?

Well, I'm blowed if I'm going to stooge around in a rather fast
traffic jam when I can simply slip past with the needle touching
the limit and then relax in the safety of a *wide* open space for
several miles ...
Old December 9th 04, 05:58 PM
Robert Briggs

truckinsp wrote:
> Bill 2 wrote:
>
> > In a 100 km/h zone, followed behind him at 100-105. Someone came on the
> > highway in front of him, and was driving 90-95, slowing down the cop, so
> > I went in the passing lane and passed the cop at 105. Nothing happened.

> If that's the most thrilling thing that happens in your day, I feel sorry
> for you.......

Indeed.

UK motorway cops often amble down the "slow" lane at 68 mph.

The sheeple then get into formation behind.

What do I do?

Well, I'm blowed if I'm going to stooge around in a rather fast
traffic jam when I can simply slip past with the needle touching
the limit and then relax in the safety of a *wide* open space for
several miles ...

Saw my first E90 today Frank Kemper BMW 9 November 9th 04 07:43 PM
I saw an A6 2005 today Saintor Audi 3 August 17th 04 04:58 AM
4 Did you take your vitamin today? 44 Rocket3 Audi 0 July 29th 04 08:12 PM
Ordered a new A4 today (UK) :) Russell Fray Audi 1 May 27th 04 03:12 AM
That's another MOT passed, then :-) SteveH Alfa Romeo 0 May 17th 04 08:04 PM