TSW2 USB Upgrade

Old April 27th 05, 09:54 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:18:07 GMT, gordo wrote:

> Uwe,
> I'm not sure exactly what you asked for, but here is what I see in my
> calibration screen in N2003.
> Axis 1- Brake = 127min - 201max, raw=129
> Axis 2 -Throttle = 50min - 120max, raw=119
> Axis 3 - Steering = 22min - 239max, raw=131
> All values hold steady, no jittering numbers.
> Hope this is what you are asking for.

Thanks, that's the numbers I was interested in!

All the best, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old April 28th 05, 03:24 AM
gordo

"Ken MacKay" > wrote in message

> That's good info to have, thanks. One more question though: What is the
> smallest step in these numbers? For example do the numbers change in
> increments of 1 so the steering axis reports 22, 23, 24... 238, 239?
>
> Ken

From the raw (neutral point), the numbers change in single digit increments
as soon as I move the control.
Absolutely linear action.
Example: Axis 3-steering(from center, turning right)= 131,132,133 and so
on....
Same result with the other axis's.
I don't remember all the details of how it was before the usb upgrade, but
response definitely wasn't as immediate off center and the raw numbers
refused to hold steady (numbers flickered about 10 steps either side of
neutral) .

Old April 28th 05, 05:43 AM
Don

I did the usb upgrade.The best thing I ever did for my sim racing.I had the
Rockfire.I sent mine in.Took awhile but worth it.When you send it in all the
guts get changed.All the wiring on the wheel is completly different.I think
racing whether it be sims or the real thing is a matter of very small
pecentages.Can you be 100% at every track every time?tires outlasting
everyone elses.Rf not going yellow much sooner.car outhanding everyone elses
on every corner every lap.I don't think so.
The only other thing I can say about the upgrade it gave me a few percentage
points up.
Oh one other thing I got a new 19 in.lcd monitor.again a few percentage
points.
"JimC" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Has anybody upgraded/converted their older TSW2 to the newer USB

interface.
> I'm curious if there's any diffference in the accuracy/tracking of the
> steering? I have a tsw2 modified that has the older 250k pots and I'm

want
> to upgrade to USB and use the 25K pots. Currently I'm using the

rocketfire

Old April 29th 05, 09:55 PM
DC

Ken MacKay wrote:
> gordo wrote:
>
>> "Ken MacKay" > wrote in message
>>

>>> That's good info to have, thanks. One more question though: What is
>>> the smallest step in these numbers? For example do the numbers
>>> change in increments of 1 so the steering axis reports 22, 23, 24...
>>> 238, 239?
>>>
>>> Ken

>> From the raw (neutral point), the numbers change in single digit
>> increments as soon as I move the control.
>> Absolutely linear action.
>> Example: Axis 3-steering(from center, turning right)= 131,132,133 and
>> so on....
>> Same result with the other axis's.
>> I don't remember all the details of how it was before the usb upgrade,
>> but response definitely wasn't as immediate off center and the raw
>> numbers refused to hold steady (numbers flickered about 10 steps
>> either side of neutral) .
>>

> Thanks for the info. I'm still using the gameport in w2k with some
> jitters but have it tweaked things give a fairly large range (i.e.
> 0-1200 in steps of one for steering, with jitters of +/- 2). While
> getting rid of the jitters would be nice I'm not sure I'd want to cut
> the resolution that much. Too bad the USB conversion doesn't have a
> little better resolution, then it would be ideal.
>
> BTW I wonder if the off center response wasn't just the deadzone setting
> in windows (defaults to around 5% I think?)
>
> Thanks again for the info.
> Ken

Ken..what do you use to tweak your settings?

Dave

upgrade 325 to HK stereo Tim Heuer BMW 1 March 8th 05 11:05 AM
Dinan upgrade [email protected] BMW 8 January 20th 05 05:58 PM
Engine Management Upgrade A3 ODB2 Jettas Lee VW water cooled 0 December 23rd 04 04:35 AM