Maxpower - heat problem

Old December 27th 05, 04:23 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Maxpower - heat problem

Yes, the heater hoses both seem to be hot. What should I try next? The
weather was colder today (below 30) and the cabin barely got warm. Any
help is appreciated. I posted to my previous post also! Here it my

> Hey all! I have been posting - see previous post for information. '99

Plymouth Grand Voyager with 105,000 miles. 3.3 L motor. Here's my
problem:

I Replaced thermostat weeks ago - still no heat
Then flushed system including heat core - had a full stream of water
coming from it. When doing this I noticed a leak in the water pump and
had it replaced also. Still not much heat to speak of, but does seem a
tad or wee bit warmer. NOT NOW THAT THE TEMPS HAVE DROPPED AGAIN!! What
to do now? Do I still need to bleed the system through the heat
sensor???? How can I do this? I tried to loosen the nut head under the
sensor but it would not budge. Is there a special
tool?

Appreciate your time and help! THANKS!

One question........ is the heater hose going into the firewall as hot as
the one coming out at operating temp?

Old December 27th 05, 05:26 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Have you checked the blend doors to make sure there is air going through
the heater core? Sounds like the heat door is stuck and isn't allowing
much air through.

--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 27th 05, 09:45 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"thegospelmagicman" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Yes, the heater hoses both seem to be hot. What should I try next? The
> weather was colder today (below 30) and the cabin barely got warm. Any
> help is appreciated. I posted to my previous post also! Here it my
>
> > Hey all! I have been posting - see previous post for information. '99

> Plymouth Grand Voyager with 105,000 miles. 3.3 L motor. Here's my
> problem:
>
> I Replaced thermostat weeks ago - still no heat
> Then flushed system including heat core - had a full stream of water
> coming from it. When doing this I noticed a leak in the water pump and
> had it replaced also. Still not much heat to speak of, but does seem a
> tad or wee bit warmer. NOT NOW THAT THE TEMPS HAVE DROPPED AGAIN!! What
> to do now? Do I still need to bleed the system through the heat
> sensor???? How can I do this? I tried to loosen the nut head under the
> sensor but it would not budge. Is there a special
> tool?
>
> Appreciate your time and help! THANKS!
>
> One question........ is the heater hose going into the firewall as hot as
> the one coming out at operating temp?

If the heater hoses are hot going in and hot going out you don't have a
problem outside or in the engine. You have a problem in the dash with one
of the blend doors not working properly. A scan tool at the dealer would
verify if the doors are closing and opening as they should. Or you may have
an issue with the control head and once again a scan tool would verify that

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old December 27th 05, 10:47 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Thank you, Glenn! I appreciate your time. I will talk with a dealer and
let them find the problem. Appreciate your help!

Jon

Old December 29th 05, 01:10 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Glenn,

I just had it tested today and the tech said it was a faulty thermostat -
even though it was just replaced less that three weeks ago. It is opening
at 160 degrees instead of opening at 195 degrees. I will be getting it in
soon and hopefully this will finally solve my problem. Thanks!

Jon

Old December 29th 05, 10:33 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"thegospelmagicman" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Glenn,
>
> I just had it tested today and the tech said it was a faulty thermostat -
> even though it was just replaced less that three weeks ago. It is opening
> at 160 degrees instead of opening at 195 degrees. I will be getting it in
> soon and hopefully this will finally solve my problem. Thanks!
>
> Jon

Then the heater hoses would not have been very hot

Old December 31st 05, 08:22 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Just had the thermostat replaced with a genuine MOPAR. Still no better.
The technician was sure this was the problem. What to do now? He too is
out of next options. Everything else (according to him) checks out fine.
Where should I look now???

Old December 31st 05, 09:23 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"thegospelmagicman" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Just had the thermostat replaced with a genuine MOPAR. Still no better.
> The technician was sure this was the problem. What to do now? He too is
> out of next options. Everything else (according to him) checks out fine.
> Where should I look now???

Read my first post to you

Old January 19th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Finally had the system checked and had the heater core flushed. Now we
have great heat. 153 degree temperature. YAHOO!!!