Window Tint Jackass

Old June 28th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
none[_3_]

Default Window Tint Jackass

Hi,

I don't know what came over my girlfriend, but a few days ago she decided
to take her extremely nice BMW to a hole-in-the-wall shop to have the
windows tinted. She didn't tell me until the day of the appointment. The
guy charged like $100, which was my first clue that it wasn't going to go
well. So she brings the car home, and sure enough, it's probably the worst
tint job I've ever seen. Really classy.

The main problem with it is that the retard tried (and failed) to apply the
tint over that little "dot matrix" area around the edges of the windows.
It didn't take. It's hard to even describe what it looks like... All
around the edges of the windows, it basically looks like it's peeling off.

I told her plain and simple -- take it back and tell him to fix it. He
claims to have used 3M tint, but that's all I know. I don't know if there
are different kinds of 3M tint, or whatever, but supposedly this stuff has
a lifetime warranty.

So, I go with her to this shop, and the chief douchebag comes out and looks
at the windows. I can immediately tell that he has zero time to deal with
us. It's not like we're PAYING CUSTOMERS or anything, so I can understand
that he has way better things to do with his time, like, probably, surfing
the web in his office, googling "how to apply window tint so that it
doesn't look like a six year old did it." But, I went out of my way to be
nice to the guy and explain the situation and ask him to help. He told me,
"Yeah, the problem is those little dots. There's really nothing that can
be done. That's just the way it goes."

Needless to say, I'm going to burn his store down. But in the meantime,
does anyone know how to fix something like this? Would applying heat and
manually pressing it down around the dots help? Or is my only option to
just go to someone competent and have it completely redone? I'd really
rather not spend another $300+ on top of the $100 she already paid this
clown.

Thanks in advance.
Old July 2nd 09, 07:56 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
none[_3_]

none wrote:

> is my only option to just go to someone competent and have it
> completely redone? I'd really rather not spend another $300+ on top
> of the $100 she already paid this clown.

I'll take the lack of responses to indicate that this is my only option. I
read what I could find on the subject, and apparently those little dots are
always an issue, but not a problem for anyone who has half a clue. Most
tinters either sand them down or lay a strip of vynil over them before
applying the tint.
Old July 16th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Zee

On Jul 2, 2:56*pm, none > wrote:
> none wrote:
> > is my only option to just go to someone competent and have it
> > completely redone? *I'd really rather not spend another $300+ on top
> > of the $100 she already paid this clown.

> I'll take the lack of responses to indicate that this is my only option. *I
> read what I could find on the subject, and apparently those little dots are
> always an issue, but not a problem for anyone who has half a clue. *Most
> tinters either sand them down or lay a strip of vynil over them before
> applying the tint.

So did you take it a more competent shop? Did they repair it or put
new tints all over again?
Old June 5th 15, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:43:09 -0700 (PDT), Zee >
wrote:

>On Jul 2, 2:56*pm, none > wrote:
>> none wrote:
>> > is my only option to just go to someone competent and have it
>> > completely redone? *I'd really rather not spend another $300+ on top
>> > of the $100 she already paid this clown.

>> I'll take the lack of responses to indicate that this is my only option. *I
>> read what I could find on the subject, and apparently those little dots are
>> always an issue, but not a problem for anyone who has half a clue. *Most
>> tinters either sand them down or lay a strip of vynil over them before
>> applying the tint.

>So did you take it a more competent shop? Did they repair it or put
>new tints all over again?

Any recent updates to this????

Cop: 98 in a 40... to ticket someone for window tint... Brent[_4_] Driving 7 February 27th 09 12:02 AM
Best way to remove window tint from rear window w/defroster? Doc Technology 2 November 25th 07 04:48 PM
Window Tint Dodson General 2 July 21st 07 04:11 PM
Window Tint Problem Mike Surwill Saturn 8 February 14th 06 06:29 PM
Recommend window tint dxmah Honda 2 March 18th 05 12:48 AM