WJ road tire recommendation

Old January 4th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default WJ road tire recommendation

Been reading posts here for many years and know there are several
others like me who have a SWB Jeep for play and a ZJ/WJ/WK for daily
driver.

I have a 2002 WJ Limited 4.7l with the 17"x7.5" Rogue wheels and
Michelin LTX A/S 235/65R17 tires.

It's time for new tires and I don't think the LTX A/S tires wore very
well (the truck only has 34k miles). The truck occasionally is driven
on dirt/gravel roads in the Coachella Valley but not actually
"off-road" (my '98 TJ takes care of those adventures).Most of the miles
on the WJ are driving between LA and the Coachella Valley, many times
in the heat of the summer (100 plus degrees) when I assume the hot
asphalt may play a part in tire wear. The truck has only seen snow once
(I'm a warm weather kind of guy). I'd like tires that balance good road
handling and ride without looking like "car" tires.

I was looking at TireRack and reading about the Goodyear Forteras. From
your collective wisdom, I'm hoping for some opinions and
recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

'98 Wrangler Sport 4.0
'02 Grand Cherokee Ltd 4.7

Old January 5th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I ran Cooper Discoverer A/T's on my ZJ for years and always treated me
well...good bang for the buck at $100. per tire...
I now off road it more frequently and stepped up to a more aggressive new
Cooper Discoverer STT M/T's.

good luck!

Jeff

oups.com...

Old January 6th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks for the reply, I stopped by the local tire shop this morning and
the manager is recommending Michelin Cross Terrains over the Goodyear
Forteza. They are about the same price. The Michelins are $155 but have
a 65k mile warranty. This particular shop doesn't carry Coopers, I'll
have to look around for those.

'98 Wrangler Sport 4.0
'02 Grand Cherokee Ltd 4.7

Old January 6th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks for the reply, Do you have the Fortera HLs or the Fortera Silent
Armor? The Silent Armors are sounding pretty good.

'98 Wrangler Sport 4.0
'02 Grand Cherokee Ltd 4.7

Tire life [email protected] 4x4 61 October 8th 05 01:47 AM
Seeking 2004 Grand Cherokee Tire Recommendation JeePenn Jeep 5 September 12th 05 02:23 AM
Michelin tires and their problems RQ Chrysler 21 June 20th 05 02:14 PM
Tire Recommendation for '00 GT Vert Y2KRedMustang Ford Mustang 6 February 4th 05 08:28 AM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 03:42 AM