1995 Plymouth Van, 3.3 L Alternator problem!

Old June 7th 05, 08:13 PM
maxpower

Default 1995 Plymouth Van, 3.3 L Alternator problem!

Good one Stern.

Old June 8th 05, 12:48 AM
aarcuda69062

In article >,
"maxpower" > wrote:

> Good one for Stern.

Fixed your typo...

Old June 8th 05, 01:29 AM
maxpower

No typo.....good one Stern!!

Old June 8th 05, 01:51 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:

> In article >,
> "maxpower" > wrote:
>
> > Good one for Stern.

> Fixed your typo...

Y'know, it's posts like this that make me *almost* curious to see what it
has said *this* time.

-DS (...almost...)
Old June 8th 05, 02:52 AM
aarcuda69062

In article
ch.edu>,
"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "maxpower" > wrote:
> >
> > > Good one for Stern.

> > Fixed your typo...

> Y'know, it's posts like this that make me *almost* curious to see what it
> has said *this* time.
>
> -DS (...almost...)

The short version is;

Ol' Glenn seems to be suffering extreme delusions of paranoia.

Sad, in a way...
Old June 8th 05, 02:55 AM
aarcuda69062

In article >,
"maxpower" > wrote:

> No typo.....good one Stern!!

Didja figger this all out on yer own?
Old June 8th 05, 09:47 PM
maxpower

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article
> ch.edu>,
> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:

> > > Fixed your typo...

> > Y'know, it's posts like this that make me *almost* curious to see what

it
> > has said *this* time.
> >
> > -DS (...almost...)

> The short version is;
>
> Ol' Glenn seems to be suffering extreme delusions of paranoia.
>
> Sad, in a way...

*yawn*

Old June 9th 05, 01:44 AM
aarcuda69062

In article >,
Ignoramus10824 > wrote:

> With all due respect, I did not get the humor. My friend has a problem
> that needs to be solved... Any help will be appreciated...

Mr. maxpower thinks that you are Daniel Stern.
That's the joke.
Max it would seem is seeing things where thy don't exist...
That's sad.

Now, on to your problem.

The external alternator circuitry consists of three wires
1) Large gauge "Red".
This is the output connection, it runs between the alternator and
the power distribution center and ultimately on to battery
positive. Key off there should be battery voltage present.
Key on, engine running, voltage drop across this wire should not
exceed .2 - .3 volts. There -is- a fusible link in this circuit
in between the alternator and the power distribution center.

2) Small gauge dark green/orange.
This is a key on engine running 12 volt feed to the alternator
field winding. It originates at the ASD relay. We know the ASD
is functional because the engine runs, we don't know if there is
12 volts available there until you measure it with a volt meter.

3) Small gauge dark green.
This is the circuit that is pulled to ground by the SBEC
(computer) at pin #20 to control field current.
Jumpering this pin to ground with the engine running should full
field the alternator resulting in full charging voltage.
I'd strongly recommend checking this pin for corrosion and/or the
pin being backed out or anything else that would prevent it
making contact with the SBEC pins.

Armed with this information, if you make voltage checks to make
sure there is voltage available when and where it should be, and
continuity checks on these three wires, you'll probably find the
problem.
Old June 9th 05, 03:33 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:

> Ignoramus10824 > wrote:
>
> > With all due respect, I did not get the humor. My friend has a problem
> > that needs to be solved... Any help will be appreciated...

> Mr. maxpower thinks that you are Daniel Stern. That's the joke. Max it
> would seem is seeing things where thy don't exist... That's sad.

Yikes. That's...um...odd. Perhaps someone ought to tell Mr. "I'm
not a Chrysler tech and I'm too inarticulate to play one on TV" Beasley
that 3418039AB is not a nasal inhaler and 4883971 and 5013477AA aren't hot
dog condiments.

Old June 9th 05, 07:13 PM
maxpower

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
.umich.edu...
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, aarcuda69062 wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "maxpower" > wrote:
> >
> > > Good one for Stern.

> > Fixed your typo...

> Y'know, it's posts like this that make me *almost* curious to see what it
> has said *this* time.
>
> -DS (...almost...)

Now climb back under your rock little boy