I didn't know blago was this big of an arse...

Old August 8th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default I didn't know blago was this big of an arse...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...o08web.article

<...>

Blagojevich chose an open area between the northbound and southbound
lanes of the Dan Ryan Expy. at Polk Street to unveil his proposal,
backing up traffic in both directions. The governor smiled and waved at
some of the passing motorists who honked at him, even though some made
rude gestures at him or shouted that he had "backed up traffic."

<...>

"You could be 10 miles an hour over the speed limit, and the speed
enforcement camera won't impact you, but if you start getting in that
area of 15 miles an hour or more above the speed imit then your getting
in the area of what the law says and what traffic experts claim is
reckless driving."

The posted speed limit on the part of the Dan Ryan where Blagojevich
announced his program is 45 miles an hour, so the tickets could be
issued for drivers doing 60 there, under Blagojevich's plan.

<...>

Blagojevich said the plan was not primarily to raise money.

"This has nothing at all to do with raising revenue," Blagojevich said.
"If this was about raising revenue, we'd have done this years ago. It's
about public safety, highway safety."

------------------------------

Illinois becomes more corrupt, more criminal with every passing day.

60 where he was IS THE SPEED OF TRAFFIC OR BELOW.

Old August 8th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/08/....ap/index.html

Old August 8th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-08-08, Alexander Rogge > wrote:
>>> http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...o08web.article
>>>
>>> Blagojevich chose an open area between the northbound and southbound
>>> lanes of the Dan Ryan Expy. at Polk Street to unveil his proposal,
>>> backing up traffic in both directions. The governor smiled and waved at
>>> some of the passing motorists who honked at him, even though some made
>>> rude gestures at him or shouted that he had "backed up traffic."
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Illinois becomes more corrupt, more criminal with every passing day.

> http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/08/....ap/index.html
>
>> A Chicago police officer has been suspended for 15 months for demanding free coffee and baked goods from six different Starbucks.
>>
>> Officer Barbara Nevers, a 14-year veteran, has also been ordered to undergo counseling.
>>
>> The Police Board ruled in May that 55-year-old Nevers intimidated Starbucks employees by screaming at them and flashing her badge, handcuffs or gun when they wanted her to pay.
>>
>> The board released its findings Thursday.
>>
>> Nevers' attorney says her client never used her job to demand coffee. She says some coffeehouses gave it to her for free because she was an officer.

That old time stuff is nothing now. Blago is talking millions. This cop
probably scammed a couple hundred.

Old August 9th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-08-09, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> In message >, Brent P
> wrote:
>

>>http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...o08web.article
>>
>><...>
>>
>>Blagojevich chose an open area between the northbound and southbound
>>lanes of the Dan Ryan Expy. at Polk Street to unveil his proposal,
>>backing up traffic in both directions. The governor smiled and waved at
>>some of the passing motorists who honked at him, even though some made
>>rude gestures at him or shouted that he had "backed up traffic."

> Vote the rascal out.

Since when does voting change anything? Just a different name, same
scams. Sure maybe another person won't hold a press conference in the
middle of the dan-ryan, but that's not even the begining of the problem.