seen at the mercedes dealer...

Old August 13th 07, 11:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
rob

Default seen at the mercedes dealer...

salesman tells me the 2007 black Z06 on the left has less than 3000 on it
and the owner traded it in on a S55 AMG because the Vette wasnt fast enough?
WTH???

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07 ZO6 Corvette-black and 06 LS2 Corvette-silver.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	92328
Old August 14th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

My son-in-law's brother (cousin-in-law?) just got a Mercedes that
reputedly has 500 HP. It took him all night at the RaceLegal drags to
get it to behave under full throttle. Some kind of traction control
wanted him to be gentler.

What car would that be, and is it like the others that can be tamed
with a "tune"?

--
Frank ess

Old August 14th 07, 12:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
rob

I'm also thinking the salesman was thinking of a S65 rather than a S55. but
who knows.

"rob" <me @mine.orgg> wrote in message
> salesman tells me the 2007 black Z06 on the left has less than 3000 on it
> and the owner traded it in on a S55 AMG because the Vette wasnt fast
> enough?
> WTH???

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mercedes S65 AMG fender tag.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	92329  Click image for larger version

Name:	mercedes S65 AMG-show room.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	92330
Old August 14th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
§qu@re Wheels[_5_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig, Frank
ess did state:

> My son-in-law's brother (cousin-in-law?) just got a Mercedes that
> reputedly has 500 HP. It took him all night at the RaceLegal drags to
> get it to behave under full throttle. Some kind of traction control
> wanted him to be gentler.
>
> What car would that be, and is it like the others that can be tamed
> with a "tune"?

A 604 HP S 65:

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/gui...mentid=5231080

And these:

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....tentid=4023179

http://www.houstoncars.org/500-hp-club/

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...500hp_suv.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CL-Class

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116349

(Personally, I think MB is gonna buy GM -- or at least the Corvette
Division.....)

Old August 14th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
rob

they don't have what it takes to get GM itself, much too big............and
the corvette is making them profit I think.

I think MB better watch out for kerkorian.....lol

Old August 14th 07, 01:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
§qu@re Wheels[_5_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig, rob
did state:

> they don't have what it takes to get GM itself, much too big............and
> the corvette is making them profit I think.
>
> I think MB better watch out for kerkorian.....lol

I always think of Dr. Kevorkian when I see that name! (Well, they both
made lots of bux from death...)

But your comment reminded me of something else. There is a HUGE aircraft
boneyard in the US Southwest owned by the Guv'mint. Outdated tech goes
there, including totally /new/ aircraft; it is the only part of the
entire US military that actually /generates/ income.....