E30 318Is Dashboard capacitors..

Old July 21st 07, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Lun

Default E30 318Is Dashboard capacitors..

Hi!.

I must replace on my E30 318Is 1990 dashboard capacitors but I cant found on
the new any site where I can see the values of dashboard capacitors to buy
I only found
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Mainte...Capacitors.htm for
E34,please can anyone knows link where I can found that info..

Thank's

Old July 21st 07, 09:39 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:22:56 +0200, "Lun" > wrote:

>Hi!.
>
>I must replace on my E30 318Is 1990 dashboard capacitors but I cant found on
>the new any site where I can see the values of dashboard capacitors to buy
>I only found
>http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Mainte...Capacitors.htm for
>E34,please can anyone knows link where I can found that info..
>
>Thank's

Its printed on the side of the originals something like 470uF 24V (this is NOT
the value just an example)
Old July 21st 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Lun

Yes I know but I need those values in advance to go and buy it and than
dissemble dashboard and to finish the work at the time...

Old July 21st 07, 11:18 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Bob Smitter

"Lun" > wrote:
> I must replace on my E30 318Is 1990 dashboard capacitors but I cant found
> on the new any site where I can see the values of dashboard capacitors to
> buy

Why? The reference you later mention refers to the E34. I have never heard
of
any E30 having such a problem. Inoperative gages are usually the fault of
the
SI board. Inappropriate warning lights (like BRAKE) usually caused by a
transistor on the main PCB.

Bob

Old July 22nd 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jack[_7_]

"Lun" > wrote in message
> Hi!.
>
> I must replace on my E30 318Is 1990 dashboard capacitors but I cant found
> on the new any site where I can see the values of dashboard capacitors to
> buy ...
> I only found
> http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Mainte...Capacitors.htm for
> E34,please can anyone knows link where I can found that info..
>
> Thank's

Tell us why you have to replace these parts. I have a 318is and would like
to know.

Old July 23rd 07, 02:26 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Lun

I have problems with fuel and temperature gauges sometimes don't work or
work jumping up and down...

"any E30 having such a problem. Inoperative gages are usually the fault of
the
SI board. Inappropriate warning lights (like BRAKE) usually caused by a
transistor on the main PCB"

please PCB stand's for?

Old July 23rd 07, 07:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jack[_7_]

PCB would be "printed circuit board" meaning the main circuit board of the
instrument cluster. Some of the instruments like the speedo and tach
contain their own circuit boards.

Regarding the intermittent temp and fuel gages, I have found that just
removing those instruments from the main circuit board and cleaning the
connector contacts will usually fix them. Each of the instruments plugs
into the main board and is held in place with one or two screws. Some
people say that you should also resolder all the soldered connections on the
main board while you have it out or at least inspect it for any 'cold'
solder connections.
If that doesn't fix it, the next step would be to buy a used cluster on
Ebay for about $75 and swap out the faulty gages. Of course there's always
a chance that the gages in the used unit are faulty also so it's best to
swap the whole cluster first just to see what works. If everything works
and you don't care about the mileage you can just leave it in.
As you can see from the above, when you get done with this you will be an
expert at removing the instrument cluster. I could get mine out in less
than 15 minutes after the third time.

Old July 23rd 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Lun

Thanks to al I will try to clean up the PCB and than I will if all be ok...

Old July 24th 07, 05:08 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Ron

My E30's gauges stopped working; turned out some wires had come off the
back of the instrument cluster because the nuts holding on the ring lugs
had come unscrewed. You might not need a capacitor.

Ron

318is allpurpose BMW 0 March 1st 06 06:12 PM
BMW E30 318Is what mean... SkF BMW 6 January 15th 06 02:09 PM
Q:BMW E30 318Is Asus BMW 3 September 24th 05 09:30 PM
Q:BMW E30 318Is VaNoS BMW 1 August 7th 05 10:09 PM
Replacement Dashboard E30 318is Neil BMW 5 October 7th 04 07:48 PM