302 ford small block

Old February 1st 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
fastback

Default 302 ford small block

building a 67 fast back is there more then one place to put an oil
sending unit

Old February 1st 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"fastback" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> building a 67 fast back is there more then one place to put an oil
> sending unit

Sure, it will fit in the trunk, the back seat or the glove box. What exactly
are you trying to do?

Al

Old February 2nd 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kruse

On Feb 1, 1:15 pm, "fastback" > wrote:
> building a 67 fast back is there more then one place to put an oil
> sending unit

Is your huge oil sender in the way of other accessories? A lot of
Fords of this vintage had an extension to get the sender away from the
block.

Old February 3rd 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
vince garcia

fastback wrote:

> building a 67 fast back is there more then one place to put an oil
> sending unit

What's the problem? It may be a little bit of a pain to get to, being on
the side of the block, but so what?
Old February 3rd 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

fastback wrote:
> building a 67 fast back is there more then one place to put an oil
> sending unit

Not really. That one hole there on the left front
is the only easily accessible point.
From the factory there's an extension piece that
moves the sender out and angles it about 45* or so.
It's hex shaped, and alum. Most any Mustang parts
company will have them for about $10 or so.
However, because it's alum, I don't like to use it.
I've managed to break them. I use a short piece of
pipe and a brass fitting to place it where I want it.
I'll send you a picture.
Once I used a hydraulic rubber hose with the proper
fittings on each end. Then I used an Adel clamp and
placed the sensor off one of the pan bolts. That
turned out to be more trouble than it was worth.
If you're going to use a remote oil filter, or an
oil cooler, you can buy a fitting to place the sender
in line.

--
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod