Wallet / emergency key for A3?

Old January 27th 06, 09:21 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Wallet / emergency key for A3?

The dealer's parts department could not find a wallet / emergency key
in the A3 part's list today.. Is it true that none is avaiable, or is
this a generic item that can be ordered for any current Audi model?

The last thing I want is to buy a car that will leave me stranded 400
miles from home and a dealer on some rainy night if I fumble and drop
my keys down a drain grate..

I currently carry this for my Volvo:
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/WalletKey.jpg
It opens and starts the car, and also serves as a key I can give to
service people who need to drive the car.

Another way to lose you Audi's key:
http://www.bookofjoe.com/2005/06/do_not_try_to_b.html

--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
Old January 27th 06, 05:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"Doug Warner" > wrote in message

The dealer's parts department could not find a wallet / emergency key
in the A3 part's list today.. Is it true that none is avaiable, or is
this a generic item that can be ordered for any current Audi model?

The last thing I want is to buy a car that will leave me stranded 400
miles from home and a dealer on some rainy night if I fumble and drop
my keys down a drain grate..

I currently carry this for my Volvo:
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/WalletKey.jpg
It opens and starts the car, and also serves as a key I can give to
service people who need to drive the car.

Another way to lose you Audi's key:
http://www.bookofjoe.com/2005/06/do_not_try_to_b.html

--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

there's a company making a key ring device that cures this problem.

The device, which is normally only 10mm diameter, senses falling at greater
than 32 feet per second and inflates a balloon of 100mm diameter. This was
considered large enough not to penetrate most drain lid slots.

now who were they............

Old January 27th 06, 09:32 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I have a thin plastic key for my A3 that I've had since '96. I keep this for
the emergency key. So they definately make one.

"Doug Warner" > wrote in message

The dealer's parts department could not find a wallet / emergency key
in the A3 part's list today.. Is it true that none is avaiable, or is
this a generic item that can be ordered for any current Audi model?

The last thing I want is to buy a car that will leave me stranded 400
miles from home and a dealer on some rainy night if I fumble and drop
my keys down a drain grate..

I currently carry this for my Volvo:
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/WalletKey.jpg
It opens and starts the car, and also serves as a key I can give to
service people who need to drive the car.

Another way to lose you Audi's key:
http://www.bookofjoe.com/2005/06/do_not_try_to_b.html

--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Emergency Tire Chains [email protected] VW water cooled 1 December 6th 05 02:58 PM
uncontrolled emergency lamp Bigbox BMW 1 October 29th 05 05:58 AM
OT New Orleans Dave Milne Jeep 46 September 12th 05 02:34 AM
emergency brake DD Mazda 2 April 3rd 05 06:24 AM
emergency key from saturn SJ Saturn 10 March 17th 05 02:45 AM