audi a6 1999

Old November 16th 05, 08:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default audi a6 1999

hi all i have just purchased an audi a6 saloon 1999 and i have no
manufacturers manual or guide with it i know things are fairly straight
forward but can anyone tell me what the ASR button is or what its for ....
thanxs

Old November 16th 05, 09:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"colin" wrote
> hi all i have just purchased an audi a6 saloon 1999 and i have no
> manufacturers manual or guide with it i know things are fairly straight
> forward but can anyone tell me what the ASR button is or what its for ....
> thanxs

IIRC, ASR is a traction control system that minimizes wheel spin during hard
acceleration or acceleration on slippery surfaces.

Pete

Old November 17th 05, 01:24 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

In message >
"Pete" > wrote:

> "colin" wrote
> > hi all i have just purchased an audi a6 saloon 1999 and i have no
> > manufacturers manual or guide with it i know things are fairly straight
> > forward but can anyone tell me what the ASR button is or what its for ....
> > thanxs

> IIRC, ASR is a traction control system that minimizes wheel spin during hard
> acceleration or acceleration on slippery surfaces.

just to add:
Pressing the ASR button should light a warning symbol in the instrument
cluster, signifying that ASR is then _disabled_.

Old November 20th 05, 04:50 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

The ASR Button is assisted traction control. It assists in the traction
distribution of power to your wheels under hard acceleration, it also
reduces the power to a wheel spinning on ice. or if you are cornering to
fast and a wheel starts to spin it will reduce the power to that wheel by
applying the brake on that side.

The ASR is always on and only when the button is pressed does it turn it
off and a symbol is displayed in the dash.

HOWEVER if the symbol is on in the dash always then there is a chance that
your ABS is faulty

:-) Dave

Audi Pictures R. de Jong Audi 0 September 14th 05 09:04 AM
1999 Audi A4 1.8 Q Tiptronic problem Phillip McJunkins Audi 2 December 24th 04 05:51 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 December 18th 04 09:28 AM
Central locking system randomly locks and unlocks doors - 1999 A4 Audi 1970 Suzuki TS250 Audi 1 July 31st 04 07:20 AM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM