Cops - left lane blockers and speeders using lightbars illegally and fail to stop for police

Old October 8th 05, 11:23 PM
Ben

Default Cops - left lane blockers and speeders using lightbars illegally and fail to stop for police

Apologies if this has already been posted here

http://timesdispatch.com/servlet/Sat...&oasPN=%21news

or if you prefer:

http://tinyurl.com/dje3t

N.J. police object to stop of 95-mph convoy
Officers heading home from Katrina duty got warning, then got mad

<snip>

Virginia State Police said they logged "numerous" 911 calls early
Sept. 18 from motorists complaining about marked cars from the Passaic
County Sheriff's Office and Wayne Police Department driving
dangerously near Weyers Cave.

With Virginia State Police troopers busy working other cases, only
Augusta County Deputy Mike Roane was available to answer the call.
Roane averted a potential disaster, Fisher said, after clocking the
convoy's lead car at 95 mph.

"Five or six of them did not stop, they just continued northbound,"
the Augusta sheriff added. "I think they were in a hurry to get home."

<snip>

That same day, Virginia troopers patrolling the state's southwestern
interstate roads pulled over a roughly 80-car convoy of New York
police homebound from Katrina relief, Geller said. That group stuck to
the speed limit, though troopers asked them to stay out of the left
lane.

Speziale told Roane that "law enforcement is all about supporting each
other"
Old October 8th 05, 11:31 PM
The Real Bev

Ben wrote:

> Apologies if this has already been posted here
> <http://timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Common%2FMGArticle%2FPrintVersi on&c=MGArticle&cid=1031785364306&image=timesdispat ch80x60.gif&oasDN=timesdispatch.com&oasPN=%21news>
>
> or if you prefer:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dje3t
>
> N.J. police object to stop of 95-mph convoy
> Officers heading home from Katrina duty got warning, then got mad

Something odd here... I find myself siding with the lawbreakers even though
both are cops. Maybe it's because the speeders are less cop-like than the
local cops. I need to think about this...

--
Cheers, Bev
"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person
Old October 9th 05, 03:19 AM
The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade

Ben:

> Apologies if this has already been posted here

Sawright.....

Although I have to give props to that kid who had the testicular
fortitude to pull those sheriff's pricks over. I assume that his
superiors are already seeing to it that he *doesn't* do that again.
Old October 9th 05, 10:13 AM
Dave C.

> > N.J. police object to stop of 95-mph convoy
> > Officers heading home from Katrina duty got warning, then got mad

> Something odd here... I find myself siding with the lawbreakers even

though
> both are cops. Maybe it's because the speeders are less cop-like than the
> local cops. I need to think about this...
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev

You mean to claim that your local cops don't speed? What planet did you
post that from? -Dave

Old October 9th 05, 09:45 PM
The Real Bev

"Dave C." wrote:

> > > N.J. police object to stop of 95-mph convoy
> > > Officers heading home from Katrina duty got warning, then got mad

> > Something odd here... I find myself siding with the lawbreakers even though
> > both are cops. Maybe it's because the speeders are less cop-like than the
> > local cops. I need to think about this...

> You mean to claim that your local cops don't speed? What planet did you
> post that from?

Perhaps it was that the out-of-towners formed a convoy and blasted through the
locals. The locals seemed more like victims, which is a feeling they ought to
have a lot more often.

--
Cheers, Bev