ID Pleae - 1 attachment

Old October 6th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Charlie Sullivan

Default ID Pleae - 1 attachment

Could one of you antique auto gurus ID this car for me? I photographed it
in Reno, NV, June 2001, and apparently did note it down.

Thanks

Charles J. Sullivan
Transportation Photography
Melrose, Massachusetts

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cjs141 copy.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	102522
Old October 6th 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Bill[_23_]

38 Cadillac

Old October 6th 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Mike G.

Actually it's a 1937 Cadillac Series 60 4dr sedan, the first and only year to use the eggcrate design in both the grille and hood
sides.

http://100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad...37/CAD37S6.HTM

The Series 60 (new last year) added a new Convertible Sedan body style. Throughout the line there were a few body changes
including:
a.. Eggcrate grill and hood louvers;
b.. Higher fenders with lengthwise crease along the top;
c.. Set of three horizontal bars each side of grill;
d.. Bumpers carrying the Cadillac emblem;
e.. Swinging rear quarter windows;
f.. All steel body construction.
Series 60 shared many features with the LaSalle, but used the 346 cu. in. V-8 engine. A Series 60 Commercial Chassis with 1603/8
in. wheelbase was offered.

The new Series 37-65 was offered in only one body style - a five passenger Touring Sedan built by Fisher on the 131 in. wheelbase
used on Series 70 cars. This car offered a longer, heavier car than the Series 60 at a price below that of the Fleetwood bodies
cars.

The Series 37-70 and 37-75 bodies same as 1936 except for:
a.. Drip molding running from the bottom of the front pillar up and over the doors and rear quarter window;
b.. New fenders and bumpers;
c.. Headlights rigidly attached (adjusted by moving reflector);
d.. Wheel discs incorporated a hub cap;
e.. Built-in trunk used on most bodies.
A diecast eggcrate grill was used, but the hood louver treatment differed from that used on Fisher bodied cars. Chrome diecast
strips were used at the rear of the hood side panels. A seven passenger Fisher bodied Special Touring Sedan, with or without
division, was offered on the 138 in. wheelbase. These two body styles had the eggcrate hood louvers typical of all Fisher bodied
Cadillacs for 1937. The Business Car line included eight passenger versions of these Special Sedans plus eight passenger versions
of four Fleetwood body styles. The eighth passenger was seated with two others on the auxiliary seats. A Commercial Chassis on a
156 in. wheelbase was offered. Engine changes included:
a.. Lighter flywheel;
b.. Generator relocated in the Vee;
c.. Oil filter installed;
d.. New carburetor with full-automatic electric choke:
e.. Oil bath air cleaner;
f.. Relocated distributor.
Mike

--
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

Old October 6th 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
William E Roberts

36 - 39 Lasalle?
6.158...

Old October 7th 07, 01:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
MagisterMax

Right on, Mike. It's interesting that the famous and long lived 60 Special
started out with the series 60.

Max

m...

Old October 7th 07, 07:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Mike G.

Yeah, I've never had the pleasure of seeing one in person, but it is a fantastic car.

Mike

Old October 8th 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Charles J. Sullivan

"MagisterMax" > wrote in

> Right on, Mike. It's interesting that the famous and long lived 60
> Special started out with the series 60.
>
> Max
>
> "Mike G." > wrote in message
> m...
>> Actually it's a 1937 Cadillac Series 60 4dr sedan, the first and only
>> year to use the eggcrate design in both the grille and hood
>> sides.

I would like to thank one and all for the assistance. I have some
others that need identification, so if no one minds, I will post them as
I come across them.

Thanks again
Old October 9th 07, 03:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Mike G.

"Charles J. Sullivan" > wrote in message 7.136...

> I would like to thank one and all for the assistance. I have some
> others that need identification, so if no one minds, I will post them as
> I come across them.
>
> Thanks again
> Charles J. Sullivan
> Transportation Photography
> Melrose, Massachusetts

You are most welcome Charles.
Post away, we'll try to help.
Mike

--
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...