Got the hood ornament wrong Max

Old August 1st 07, 08:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Mike G.

Default Got the hood ornament wrong Max

Max,
I believe who ever made up the hood ornament picture got the 51/52 Imperial wrong.
I found pictures of that ornament on both the 1951 Chrysler Windsor and 1951 Chrysler Saratoga!
Don't have pictures of the 1952's

Mike

--
Advice when most needed is least heeded.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1951 Chrysler Saratoga Club Coupe Rt Frt Qtr.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	84552  Click image for larger version

Name:	1951 Chrysler Windsor 4 Door Sedan svr.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	84553  Click image for larger version

Name:	1951 Chrysler Windsor DeLuxe sedan fr3q.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	84554
Old August 1st 07, 09:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Mike G.

Wait, got one by Andre.....

Mike

--
Advice when most needed is least heeded.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1952 Chrysler Windsor DeLuxe convertible coupe fr3q.jpg (105.0 KB, 44 views)
Old August 2nd 07, 08:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
MagisterMax

I think you're absolutely right. I'll have a look to see if I have any
close-ups of that mascot......okay, I've just had a look at all of my 51 &
52 Chrysler pictures and all of them clearly show this to be the mascot and
not for the Imperial. Good sleuthing, Mike.

Max

m...

Old August 2nd 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Mike G.

"MagisterMax" > wrote in message news:XGqsi.60463$Io4.29154@edtnps89...
> I think you're absolutely right. I'll have a look to see if I have any
> close-ups of that mascot......okay, I've just had a look at all of my 51 &
> 52 Chrysler pictures and all of them clearly show this to be the mascot and
> not for the Imperial. Good sleuthing, Mike.
>
> Max

Thanks Max,

I was scrolling through my pics and this caught my eye since we were talking about it the other day.
So I checked all of mine 4 or 5 pics only, then did a google search....sure enough!

Mike
--
Advice when most needed is least heeded.

Old August 3rd 07, 08:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
M.J. Schuon

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 02:54:21 -0500, "Mike G." >
wrote:

>Max,
>I believe who ever made up the hood ornament picture got the 51/52 Imperial wrong.
>I found pictures of that ornament on both the 1951 Chrysler Windsor and 1951 Chrysler Saratoga!
>Don't have pictures of the 1952's
>
>Mike

________

Thanks to all of you guys for help with my hood ornament. And it does
seem to be for the Chryslers. Here is the cover of a '51 Chrysler
brochu

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...y323/51imp.jpg

Marshall
Old August 3rd 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Mike G.

You are welcome Marshall, we are glad to help, sorry for the confusion, sometimes we get it wrong....<g>
But that just makes us dig a little deeper!

Mike

--
Advice when most needed is least heeded.