Larger gas tank on a '93 Civic vx

Old December 6th 04, 10:30 AM

Default Larger gas tank on a '93 Civic vx

I am getting close to 50MPG on my commuter '93 Civic VX (no hybrid
for me. I can get about 420 miles/tank before I chicken out and
fill up the 10 gallon tank (I can usually get about 8.5 gallons
in there).

I want to extend the range of my civic by putting in a bigger gas
tank from the same generation civic DX, EX, or SI which holds
12 gallons. Has anyone done this before? I'll extend my range
another 100 miles/tank which is great for me since I can go for
a week without filling up.

Anyone know of any issues I may run into? I'm almost sure the size
of the tank will not be an issue. Too bad I can't fit the accord
17 gallon gas tank in there (if I could, I would get over 800
miles/tank).
Gary

Old December 6th 04, 02:39 PM
Mista Bone

VX has a 10.5 gallon tank, the rest have a 11.9 gallon tank. Not worth the
effort to swap the tanks IMHO. The fuel lines as almost impossible to get
to.

oups.com...

Old December 7th 04, 08:48 AM
Mista Bone

all about the weight............

1.4 gallons of gas = 10 lbs, lighter alternator and front engine mounts, 8
lbs, etc........it adds up after awhile.

They even added a little piece of plastic to the rear bumper to correct the
parachute effect.

Little touches make the car faster AND more fuel effecient.

D16Z6 runs 13.09 on the bottle an slicks, gets 44 MPG on the highway.

Just a old school V8 tuner trapped in a 4 cylinder Honda!

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> wrote:
> > I am getting close to 50MPG on my commuter '93 Civic VX (no hybrid
> > for me. I can get about 420 miles/tank before I chicken out and
> > fill up the 10 gallon tank (I can usually get about 8.5 gallons
> > in there).
> >
> > I want to extend the range of my civic by putting in a bigger gas
> > tank from the same generation civic DX, EX, or SI which holds
> > 12 gallons. Has anyone done this before? I'll extend my range
> > another 100 miles/tank which is great for me since I can go for
> > a week without filling up.

> why would they go to the trouble of making a seperate smaller size tank?
> weight reduction?

Civic Timing Belt Saga - Continued disallow Honda 5 November 17th 04 08:44 PM
'91 Civic Si radiator upper tank split Paul Banchero Honda 5 November 16th 04 03:42 AM
2003 Civic Gas Milage Pars Honda 2 October 3rd 04 10:23 PM
gas tank sealants-US Standard & others - risk of clogging tiny tank vents etc? bill yohler Antique cars 1 February 29th 04 07:42 AM